The Chainlink

We have a few threads here and there with introductions, but nothing organized. For this thread, post your picture, pics of your bikes, and a small blurb about yourself (favorite foods, commuting routes, etc).

yes, this was ripped off from chifg...

Views: 15853

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey!

I'm Justin. Here is a bicycle film I did of me and my commuter.

http://vimeo.com/6730829

Enjoy
I'm Sean, an aerospace engineer with a bit more time on my hands than usual these days. I live up in Lincoln Square with my wife and our overly intelligent (and somewhat rotund) cat, Magic. I've been volunteering with Working Bikes for a few months now, and love getting grungy while bringing old bikes back to life. I've been *this* close to finishing up my pilot's license for a few months now, I used to play blues harmonica somewhat decently, and I enjoy photography.

This is me:

Here's Magic:

Me with bike #1, still on the training wheels:

Here's my first "adult" bike, a Trek 6500 that has seen it's share of Illinois trails over time, but gets a bit lonely these days:

And here's my road bike, a beauty of an '86 Panasonic DX-5000 I picked up a few years back so I'd have a prayer of keeping up with my wife:

Happy to be (virtually) here!
Hi. I'm Heather. Here I am:

Here's my bike. It's a Bridgestone CB1 that I bought around 1990. Aside from new tires, I never had to do a thing to it until I had it fitted and switched out the handlebars and saddle this year.

I adore it but am considering getting a Dutch-style bike too.

I bike for fun and for commuting around the city. Unfortunately I work in the suburbs so I have to drive every day--but thanks to my bike I've had lots of car-free weekends.

I like unusual liqueurs, Italian food and culture, and fashion. I especially love bike-fashion sites and occasionally write about biking style on the Chicago Reader's fashion blog.
Lindsay K Prim :: 26 :: Pilsen
I love to cook, sing, ride and play strategy games.
I also love to work on bicycles.
I don't ride at the Critical Mass because I don't like riding in mass. I don't even like to ride side by side. I'm a rogue rider, as it turns out.

I am incredible short (4 ft 10) so it's incredibly tough to find a bicycle that fits the way I like it. I'm always looking for new leads on little bikes (road, track or otherwise).

Me:

My most ridden:

HELLO everyone! My name is Fred, I'm a full time student, i work at Thai Thank You restaurant, Twin Anchors Restaurant and bar, and I build bikes too. I have a passion for food, i love cooking and eating! I also love bikes! I am about to start building up a Swobo Sanchez fixie for myself which i will post later.
I was getting into MMA, I really wanted have a cage fight, but i dont have enough time. I do want to get back into training Jui-Jitsu eventually, but i need to focus on school and work first.
this is me, dunkin on some fo's, lol
Dunking
Me on my bday, with a freshly sprained wrist from jui-jitsu
n583760184_2575428_4044
Me(on the right), with my friend Rex who is studying nursing in the Philippines now.
4740_107915615228_609420228_2731667_5593264_n

These are my single speeds, i still do not have pictures of all my bikes:
The last two were given to my friends for their bday's, but im still emotionally attached to them:(.
DSC06178
DSC06048
DSC06037
DSC06453
The top tube Hambone Designs bike bags/purses are a really neat idea. Go Etsy.com and accidental entrepreneurship!

Heather said:
I especially love bike-fashion sites and occasionally write about biking style on the Chicago Reader's fashion blog.
I am Jennifer.

I'm not a fan of the weather here, but all my friends and family live in Illinois.

I ride these:

I ride the one on the right most of the time. It was my only bike until somewhat recently.

At present I'm a medical editor. My interests include moving out of Hyde Park eventually and waiting for spring so I can ride the bike on the left out of the city more often.
I'm Cari and this is me:

This is what I ride:

I live in Uptown and am looking for some riding buddies. Heard about this site while riding the Hilly Hundred last weekend in Bloomington, IN and thought I would check it out. I'm a big fan of triathlons but like just getting out for a long bike ride too.
I am familiar. But the toe over lap is pretty significant, or so I've heard.
I will probably never get a track bike because the smaller the bike, the more toe overlap and I just don't feel safe with that. Tsk tsk.

Spike said:
Howdy, Lindsay! Don't know if you already heard, but IRO Cycles has a version of the Mark V track bike for smaller folks. Just letting you know. Be good.

Lindsay K Prim said:
Lindsay K Prim :: 26 :: Pilsen
I love to cook, sing, ride and play strategy games.
I also love to work on bicycles.
I don't ride at the Critical Mass because I don't like riding in mass. I don't even like to ride side by side. I'm a rogue rider, as it turns out.

I am incredible short (4 ft 10) so it's incredibly tough to find a bicycle that fits the way I like it. I'm always looking for new leads on little bikes (road, track or otherwise).

Me:

My most ridden:

Head to West Town Bikes. They have classes as well as open shop. www.westtownbikes.org

Morgan said:
i'm morgan. you could say that i've been riding my Columbia since 1980, but for most of the 80's i outsourced the actual pedaling of the bike to a grownup while i ate cookies in a seat on the back.

i am unusual, i guess, in owning just the one bike. i would love to learn how to maintain/repair it myself.

i've been loving the rides and tours i learn about here on the chainlink. i also like to take pictures, dance to 80's and indie rock, eat good food that other people make for me, especially breakfast...and now i feel like i've written a personals ad.
Hi, my name is Justin. As you can see from the pic, I work for Jimmy John's and I love it. I just got this sweet JJ's bike jersey. Currently I am riding a homemade fixed gear, built around a '68 falcon frame that is crappily hand painted (but only $50). I am currently building a new bike and am very excited about it. I live in Pilsen with the lovely Lindsay (the 4'10" cutie featured above) and I love indian food. Right now I am sitting around typing this wearing 4 shirt layers to try and decided if this Chrome jacket is worth $140 or if I should send it back...

hi, I'm Sam, here's a picture of me taken by a nice dude named Ian at pitchfork music festival 2008:

I ride this bike sometimes when going far:

and this fixie when I'm just truckin' around:

I live in suburban Chicago, unfortunately, because I just graduated from college and have nowhere else to live besides with my parents when the best job I can find is Starbucks. I'll be back in school next fall, pursuing a master's degree in creative writing.

I like vegan cooking, books, music, outdoor sports, but mostly, I like riding my bikes...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service