The Chainlink

Almost every discussion seems to diverge from the original intentions of the creator. This seems natural, for we all get new ideas from the ideas based on the old ideas which were based on something ten years ago that really wasn't as interesting as we had all thought at the time but can now be seen as invaluable for having started this bubbling cauldron of hot ideas. It has its pros and cons, of course, and sometimes we get too far afield. I don't suppose this is really possible, but it seems like discussions should be organized with the original post at the top and then actual lines(threads) coming down connecting to the posts that are actually in response to the original. I would imagine some mouse-roll-over would be necessary. It would be helpful to see (visually) how those threads are connected. I can see it in my head, and it's beautiful. It would take some serious programming (which is not my bag), but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a way to make threaded discussions in Ning, but it would be up to Leah to make that change as it's a global change. I'm not sure it would be useful as threaded discussions can get clunky at times.
Hi Evan - Great suggestion, and luckily the site code of the chainlink actually has a way to do that pretty easily! Here's what it looks like:

I'll turn it on for the forum and see how people feel about the change.
Ok, it appears that it's only a change moving forward and won't reorganize discussions that are already flat. But I've turned it on and we'll see what people think.
threading in chainlink??

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service