The Chainlink

19th District Chicago Police Recovered 104 Stolen Bicycles

104 Bicycles along with many other items were recovered when they arrested a prolific burglar this week. The Police are planning on displaying the bikes in order for the public to claim their stolen property from 8-5 pm next Monday through the following Friday. And from 8-Noon next Saturday. The Police Station is located at 850 W Addison, Chicago IL 60613.

Views: 1065

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome. Smart Bike Parts is bringing some Three Floyds gifts for 19 and have a belated birthday present of same for Arturo Rodarte in the fridge. He took down one portable angle grinder in the act on his birthday in February. Cause he could. Props for the assist from Get a Grip downtown. Thieves suck. Humans rule. Ride on. Eric Puetz.

I was at the 19th District this morning and can confirm-they have a lot of stolen merchandise. As Paul stated, they now believe Mr. Liu was a thief and possibly a fence, but there are multiple rooms at the 19th FILLED with what they believe is stolen merchandise. Search warrants for two more storage lockers are being served today, so there will likely be even more stuff to go with the 104 bikes, 60 or so strollers and 50+ sets of golf clubs. The CPD plans to issue a press release tomorrow. Public viewing next week from ~8am-6pm. I got an inventory of the stolen bikes, and we'll see if we can't match some up with the CSBR. 

Huge thanks for your efforts.

Let me know how I (or anyone) can help.

-h

Kevin C said:

I was at the 19th District this morning and can confirm-they have a lot of stolen merchandise. As Paul stated, they now believe Mr. Liu was a thief and possibly a fence, but there are multiple rooms at the 19th FILLED with what they believe is stolen merchandise. Search warrants for two more storage lockers are being served today, so there will likely be even more stuff to go with the 104 bikes, 60 or so strollers and 50+ sets of golf clubs. The CPD plans to issue a press release tomorrow. Public viewing next week from ~8am-6pm. I got an inventory of the stolen bikes, and we'll see if we can't match some up with the CSBR. 

So essentially they only got a warrant because of cyber bullying and not because a citizen was able to  identify their golf clubs?

Thank goodness he never took a customer service class! 

I'm not sure that's fair. The theft investigation has been going on for a significant (> 1 year) length of time. Searches have revealed information about other possible storage sites and are being pursued. 

Dennis Sage said:

So essentially they only got a warrant because of cyber bullying and not because a citizen was able to  identify their golf clubs?

Thank goodness he never took a customer service class! 

Holy crap, what a despicable human being.   My heart goes out to all the people who've had to deal with this POS over the years and were victimized by his extremely aggressive and sociopathic behaviors toward others.   This guy belongs locked up in a mental ward as he obviously can't be trusted around civilized people.  He behaves like an animal -a predatory animal.

Unfortunately he is a foreign national so he'll probably get off with a lighter sentence and eventually maybe simply deported.  He'll probably just end up re-immigrating under the radar only to set up shop again to prey on others all over again.   Or maybe back in china if he ends up in their criminal justice system they'll turn him into spare organs. Perhaps deporting him would be a death sentence. 

Kevin C said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service