The Chainlink

What does everyone do for a living?

I work at a construction company on Ashland and Armitage as a project administrator - where swearing is a way of life, we drink too much coffee, work too hard, and party harder. I also do theatre work, mostly in management, and writing.

Mmm.

Views: 3887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am an information architect for a strategic marketing company in River North. I bike to work most days, although days where "fancy pants" are required are difficult. I typically ride in casual clothing and change when I get to the office...currently trying to get my company to build a shower!

I am about to attempt my first winter riding to work, any advice?
Hi Abby - there are a couple of threads about that here and here. Just keeping this one on topic. :)
Abby said:
I work as a cubical monkey at a large, well known membership organization. It isn't very interesting.

I'm also trying to get a part time gig set up doing balloon twisting. I'm hoping to get to all of my events and such by bike and am trying to work my bike into my bit. If anyone has any need for that kind of service, let me know!
Video_Drome said:
jamimaria said:
I work as a cubical monkey at a large, well known membership organization. It isn't very interesting.

I'm also trying to get a part time gig set up doing balloon twisting. I'm hoping to get to all of my events and such by bike and am trying to work my bike into my bit. If anyone has any need for that kind of service, let me know!

holy shit u do balooon animals! thats the COOLEST thing ever. no seriously. I wish i could do that but my lungs are no good for it.

While I can blow up balloons with my mouth, I prefer to use a pump. If you are interested in what I do, I created a website, though it's still in progress. It's located at www.balloonbiker.com There's a link to my Flickr gallery on there as well.
I'm a "Technical Advisor" at an intellectual property law firm in South Loop doing mainly patent prosecution.

I'm mostly a pub-trans commuter now until I get a bike I feel comfortable locking up outside daily.

Anyone have any bike ideas they want to patent?
I work for Black Point Editions in Pilsen. We do high end photographic scannin' and printin' for artists.

If I'm not working for BPE I'm taking my own photos, drug running (I am Bolivian after all), teaching photo or troubleshooting for other photographers.

www.blackpointeditions.com
www.anti-aesthetic.net
I'm a Network/Systems Administrator for a software consulting firm in River North that has a sideline in hosting. I support the development environments for a stable of programmers and the production environments for the applications they develop. I.e., professional nerd, and if it weren't for the bike riding I probably wouldn't get any exercise at all.
I can't believe how many people are in software or IT work.
Add me to that list!

I'm a web/graphic designer that works around Ravenswood/Irving Park. I'm bored more often than not, but it's not the worst way to make a living. And the fact that all my dreams of being a Fireman/Astronaut/Scientist/Rock Star have fallen by the wayside.... ;-)

Dana said:
I thank the lord daily that I had no real dreams and aspirations growing up. I surprised everyone by finishing HS, then finishing college and then finishing grad school. Those suckers..... I kept their expectations low and now they think I'm amazing!!!!!!!

justJason said:
Add me to that list!

And the fact that all my dreams of being a Fireman/Astronaut/Scientist/Rock Star have fallen by the wayside.... ;-)

Dana said:
Ugh! I hate the way the IT world steals and misuses the term "Architect"
You have to have an architectural license to call yourself that.
End rant, nothing personal understand, and also a losing battle.

Abby said:
I am an information architect for a strategic marketing company in River North. I bike to work most days, although days where "fancy pants" are required are difficult. I typically ride in casual clothing and change when I get to the office...currently trying to get my company to build a shower!

Speaking of dream jobs, I wanted to be a volcanologist/tornado chaser/actress/lawyer/civil engineer.

justJason said:
Add me to that list!

I'm a web/graphic designer that works around Ravenswood/Irving Park. I'm bored more often than not, but it's not the worst way to make a living. And the fact that all my dreams of being a Fireman/Astronaut/Scientist/Rock Star have fallen by the wayside.... ;-)

Dana said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service