The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'traffic' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Citizen-built technology tracks Locust Avenue [Charlottesville, VA] speeders

I found this really interesting and wish I'd done it: http://www.cvilletomorrow.org/news/article/22908-locust-avenue-speeding/. A computer…

Started by Eli

0 Feb 2, 2016

Global Trends in Making Major Cities More Bike-Friendly

A few excerpts from this promising assessment of the global trend to reduce speed for cars, have car-free areas/weekends, and increase the…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Oct 20, 2015

London Offers Cyclists Protection From Trucks

"The proposed ban will require every vehicle over 3.5 tonnes to be fitted with side guards to protect cyclists from being dragged under w…

Started by Matt

1 Feb 6, 2014
Reply by Matt

Lawrence Ave. to get character change

Woo- hoo!   SunTimes Article here.   Design Info (from May meeting) - link here.

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

29 May 3, 2013
Reply by Lanterne Rouge

Rolling video

Just saw this great Transportation Alternatives video and wanted to share it.  I hope the embedding works below.  If not, please use the li…

Started by Anne Alt

1 Nov 23, 2012
Reply by Zach Roberts

Spectacular New Floating Cycle Roundabout: Better than a bike bridge?

Tawlk Amongst Yourselves ...   The bright white 230Fttall bridge pylon can be seen from far away. Attached to the top are 24 cables that su…

Started by globalguy

6 Aug 25, 2012
Reply by Mike Schwab

Oak Park pedestrian mall

Because I'm involved in planning a bike event with a route that goes through Oak Park, I just found out about a change that will affect cyc…

Started by Anne Alt

11 May 9, 2012
Reply by Anne Alt

newly approved development - will affect some south side bike routes

As reported in the Southtown Star, a large new development proposal has just been approved at 91st & Western.  This would be a huge str…

Started by Anne Alt

26 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by Anne Alt

the plague of speed humps

I was inspired by Gin's discussion thread about Humboldt Park traffic calming and thought I'd talk about speed humps in general.  I don't f…

Started by Anne Alt

18 May 30, 2011
Reply by Anne Alt

abc7 Special Segment: Riding on the Edge "It's a complete ego thing"

I saw this amazing piece of journalism last night and wanted to share.http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/special_segments&id

Started by J M

48 Nov 4, 2010
Reply by Tim S

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service