The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'touring' (59)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

SOLD Selling an excellent 1985 Cannondale ST-500 touring bike - 19"/48cm

This bike is in excellent condition, with many original parts (likewise in great condition) and some new parts.  Signature aluminum frame w…

Started by Andy Moss 9.5

1 Nov 19, 2011
Reply by C.R.

Bike Tour November 4th-6th

Howdy, I get Veteran's Day off next Friday, so I am planning a three day bike tour out of Chicago. Anyone want to come?  My plan is to take…

Started by sara dykman

1 Nov 3, 2011
Reply by Michelle Gregorek

Before there was Bikecentennial's TransAmerica ride, there was...

The Great American Bike Tour

Started by Duppie

1 Sep 16, 2011
Reply by Anne

Where would you (should I) go on a 8-10 day tour starting and ending in Chicago?

I'm trying to plan a good route for a tour next month. We have the flexibility of doing 7-10 days. We'll be riding fully touring bikes with…

Started by raoulcousins

26 Aug 26, 2011
Reply by Gina Kenny

Soo... riding to the dunes. Any tips?

Going to Indiana Dunes with some friends tomorrow. None of us have ever done this before!! So, any advice? :)

Started by Jera Sue

9 Aug 1, 2011
Reply by Jera Sue

Bike & Build: cycling for affordable housing

Hey Chainlinkers!   Please support my friend Natan as he cycles across the USA, raising the roof on affordable housing.  In just a few week…

Started by Melissa

2 Jun 17, 2011
Reply by Melissa

Come Cycling in California Wine Country

Hey...we've lived in Chicagoland.  It's cold and (sometimes) snowy this time of year. True, summers are great for cycling.   But it's beaut…

Started by Mike Burns

1 Mar 4, 2011
Reply by Zach Straw

Have you taken the Amtrak and Oakleaf trail from Chicago to Milwaukee to Harrington Beach?

Just curious if anyone has taken this trail and has any tips to offer about its condition, or any possible detours. I'm heading up that way…

Started by heather s

4 Aug 12, 2010
Reply by Kevin Mulcky

On the look out for a STOLEN Green Surly Long Haul Trucker 56cm

Someone has been posting components of my stolen Surly Long Haul Trucker on craigslist.  Handlebars recently obtained. So far they posted t…

Started by 4130

4 Aug 7, 2010
Reply by Marne Provost

anyone that has done long distance wanna give some advice

anyone that has done some long distance touring i would be interested in come advice reference as in links,books ect. anything you can offe…

Started by Amanda Olbrys

28 Jul 25, 2010
Reply by Glenn

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service