The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'touring' (59)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mini Abe's too damn photogenic: Help pick a photo to promote US Bike Routes

Trails for Illinois is the state's coordinator for new US Bicycle Routes, the Adventure Cycling & AASHTO initiative to create a nation…

Started by Steve Buchtel

5 May 14, 2014
Reply by Steve Buchtel

Critique my route from Chicago to Channahon State Park

So I'm trying to plan a little bike trip for this summer. I want to ride some of the I&M Canal because, well, it sounds nice! Of course…

Started by Dan Ciskey

16 May 3, 2014
Reply by Drewbacca

RAGBRAI

RAGBRAI registration just opened. It's time to sign up for a spot on the Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa, since they usual…

Started by Greg Borzo

29 Dec 24, 2013
Reply by Bicycle Illinois (Robert Layton)

Updated Bike Touring BLog

Hey All!  First of all, I wanted to say thank you to all of those who responded to my initial post when I was shopping for a touring bike…

Started by Jakki Cafarelli

4 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by clp

2009 Jamis Aurora touring bike--57cm

This bike spent the first 3.5 years of its life as a 9 mile a day commuter. This year my ride shortened to six blocks so I've been using a…

Started by Dan Ciskey

12 Oct 10, 2013
Reply by Dan Ciskey

Touring Shoes

As I've been reading a lot about long tours, gear, bicycles, etc...I realized that I haven't quite read about from any blogs or sites yet i…

Started by Jakki Cafarelli

5 Aug 5, 2013
Reply by Tom Dworzanski

Tour: Chicago to the West Coast

Hey Y'all. I'm heading out next week on a tour across the country. I'll be riding down to St. Louis, hopping on the TransAmerica Trail, th…

Started by Alex Marple

4 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by pceasy

Bike camping trip needs 2 volunteer support riders

Friends, my bike camping ride, GITy Up!, is this weekend. It's a lovely 25mi/day tour of the Illinois Prairie Path and Fox River Trail, sta…

Started by Steve Buchtel

0 Jul 16, 2013

Touring HELP!!!

Hey guys! I am looking for a good route from southern IL (like Carbondale) to Chicago. Anyone have any recommendations or online route maps…

Started by DonRay A.K.A. Zesty

11 Jul 9, 2013
Reply by mark stetson

As Summer Touring Gears Up, Be Safe!

A Boston area bike tour was struck by a car in Arkansas Tuesday. The Boston Globe reports that "Merritt Levitan, 18, from Milton has died f…

Started by globalguy

0 Jul 4, 2013

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service