The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'touring' (59)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Biking around Lake Michigan

I've been scouring the internets trying to find a easy-to-read route to help plan an upcoming tour around Lake Michigan. I've checked crazy…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

37 Feb 27
Reply by Bob Kastigar

Bicycle-related pin designs

My buddy and I have designed a bunch of bicycle-related pins. We're both graphic designers in Chicago and have a love for bicycling. Hopefu…

Started by Marcusn

4 Nov 24, 2018
Reply by Marcusn

group of ladies doing long distance bike ride looking for a place to stay on 6/21

I was contacted recently by a group of 4 ladies who are doing a long distance bike ride. They are riding into the city on 6/21 and looking…

Started by Anne Alt

7 May 14, 2017
Reply by Anne Alt

bike route questions - Joliet to Loop and Loop to Schaumburg

I just got an inquiry from some out-of-state folks who are planning to visit here in June as part of a long distance ride. I have 2 route q…

Started by Anne Alt

24 May 4, 2017
Reply by Dan Wiessner

SOLD _ Ortlieb Panniers - Back Roller Classic - Pair - Red. $100

I have a pair of red Ortlieb Back Roller Classic panniers in red. 40 liter capacity. Still in original box, unused.  Probably only even ta…

Started by Steve Dennis

2 Aug 8, 2016
Reply by Steve Dennis

Advice for cross-country ride through the South?

Hey all, Heading off this week to bike from San Diego to Miami. Expect to do it in four months (gonna take it a little slow). Anyone have a…

Started by David

16 Mar 21, 2016
Reply by David P.

Tubeless On My Touring Bike?

Any thoughts?   http://www.amclassic.com/en/products/road-wheels/road-tubeless

Started by daWillinChi

28 Feb 9, 2016
Reply by Pavel Tomek

SOLD - Soma Fabrications Highway One Handlebars $20 / 44cm / 26.0 / 130mm drop x 75 mm reach

For sale is a set of Soma Fabrications Highway One handlebars, 44 cm width and 26.0 claim size.  Great condition with some minor scuffing f…

Started by Andy Moss 9.5

2 Sep 13, 2015
Reply by Andy Moss 9.5

Trek 800 Sport 2002 Hardtail in touring configuration - $240

Hey all - this pony's been sitting in storage for too long and my next build is going to need a different set of components completely, so…

Started by Matt M. 18.5KM

1 Sep 11, 2015
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

Chicagoans biking XC down Mississippi River for West Town Girls Bike Club

Hello Chainlinkers! Just wanted to introduce myself and share a current bikepacking adventure with you-- worthy detours and travel tips mos…

Started by Kris

1 Sep 11, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service