The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'touring' (59)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bicycle-related pin designs

My buddy and I have designed a bunch of bicycle-related pins. We're both graphic designers in Chicago and have a love for bicycling. Hopefu…

Started by Marcusn

4 Nov 24, 2018
Reply by Marcusn

Biking around Lake Michigan

I've been scouring the internets trying to find a easy-to-read route to help plan an upcoming tour around Lake Michigan. I've checked crazy…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

36 Jun 30, 2017
Reply by Peter Dykstra

group of ladies doing long distance bike ride looking for a place to stay on 6/21

I was contacted recently by a group of 4 ladies who are doing a long distance bike ride. They are riding into the city on 6/21 and looking…

Started by Anne Alt

7 May 14, 2017
Reply by Anne Alt

bike route questions - Joliet to Loop and Loop to Schaumburg

I just got an inquiry from some out-of-state folks who are planning to visit here in June as part of a long distance ride. I have 2 route q…

Started by Anne Alt

24 May 4, 2017
Reply by Dan Wiessner

SOLD _ Ortlieb Panniers - Back Roller Classic - Pair - Red. $100

I have a pair of red Ortlieb Back Roller Classic panniers in red. 40 liter capacity. Still in original box, unused.  Probably only even ta…

Started by Steve Dennis

2 Aug 8, 2016
Reply by Steve Dennis

Advice for cross-country ride through the South?

Hey all, Heading off this week to bike from San Diego to Miami. Expect to do it in four months (gonna take it a little slow). Anyone have a…

Started by David

16 Mar 21, 2016
Reply by David P.

Tubeless On My Touring Bike?

Any thoughts?   http://www.amclassic.com/en/products/road-wheels/road-tubeless

Started by JustWill

28 Feb 9, 2016
Reply by Pavel Tomek

SOLD - Soma Fabrications Highway One Handlebars $20 / 44cm / 26.0 / 130mm drop x 75 mm reach

For sale is a set of Soma Fabrications Highway One handlebars, 44 cm width and 26.0 claim size.  Great condition with some minor scuffing f…

Started by Andy Moss 9.5

2 Sep 13, 2015
Reply by Andy Moss 9.5

Trek 800 Sport 2002 Hardtail in touring configuration - $240

Hey all - this pony's been sitting in storage for too long and my next build is going to need a different set of components completely, so…

Started by Matt M. 18.5KM

1 Sep 11, 2015
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

Chicagoans biking XC down Mississippi River for West Town Girls Bike Club

Hello Chainlinkers! Just wanted to introduce myself and share a current bikepacking adventure with you-- worthy detours and travel tips mos…

Started by Kris

1 Sep 11, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service