The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'theft' (45)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bike GPS tracker

I got my bike stolen this weekend and started looking into hidden GPS trackers for my other bikes.  I came across this.  Has anyone ever us…

Started by Sean Struble

9 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

Tonight 10/26/11 at the Damen Brownline stop.

The Securitas guard grabbed me as i was unlocking at about 1140 pm. He let me know that an older guy was circling and eyeing my bike. The k…

Started by Vilda

17 Jun 4, 2012
Reply by Anne B.

Free bikes, an Alaskan tragedy

It was about 1980. I was a newspaper reporter in Anchorage, where the city came up with an appealing plan: Fix up lost and stolen bikes tha…

Started by William Lazarus

1 Mar 17, 2012
Reply by Jeff Schneider

Anti-Theft Briefcase

Maybe this anti-theft briefcase will spawn some ideas for anti-theft bicycles. -jbn

Started by Justin B Newman

0 Mar 5, 2012

Sex, drugs and . . . bikes?

Might not be news for many Chainlinkers, but probably worth reading: "Who Pinched My Ride?" by Patrick Symmes, Outside Magazine, Feb. 2012.

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

0 Jan 16, 2012

Bike thief on camera!

I guess if someone really wants your bike, you don't have a chance.  Take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ansaTSw3nbs

Started by Bob A.

29 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by h' Zerocats

NYC stolen Bike sting targeting buyers

There was a NYT article about a sting operation targeting the potential market for stolen bikes.  I do not agree with the tactics used and…

Started by Liz

5 Jul 28, 2011
Reply by Liz

Stolen Bike

My brother's bike was stolen outside work today at 10:30 am.  The lock was cut in ~20 min.   The bike was a black 2009 Gary Fisher Wingra. …

Started by Peter Lau

1 Jul 27, 2011
Reply by h' Zerocats

Trek District - theft witnessed

Tonight I just witnessed what I think was the exchange of a stolen bike to the 'buyer'    The bike was a trek_district   I young african am…

Started by K

9 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Vilda

what kind of bike parking infrastructure do we need?

So we're hearing a lot about bikes getting stolen, huh? And not just snapped cables, but people using cordless power tools, etc., and getti…

Started by heather s

16 Jul 15, 2011
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service