The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'theft' (45)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Heads up Lincoln Square Area Bikers

Just heard about a spate of bold, business-hours bike thefts right at the Lincoln Square Athletic club on Lincoln Ave. at Leland. The thiev…

Started by Sarah D.

4 Aug 9, 2017
Reply by Tony Adams

Scott Sub 45 Bike Stolen

Hi everyone, My wonderful Scott Sub 45 Hybrid was stolen this morning in Lincoln Park. If you see her on Craigslist, etc. please let me kno…

Started by Chelsea Sprayregen

4 Sep 1, 2016
Reply by Chelsea Sprayregen

How do you prevent someone from stealing parts off of your bike?

A year ago someone cut through a small cable that went through my bike seat to my Ulock and then unscrew my seat post and took both parts d…

Started by Edward Kang

20 May 16, 2016
Reply by MJ E.

Witnessed a bike theft on the Corner of Milwaukee and Hubbard, in front of The Roost

At almost exactly 10pm on 2/15/2016 I saw two men break the lock on a black hybrid bike in front of The Roost on the intersection of Hubbar…

Started by Scott Chillson

1 Feb 15, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Thieves @ Fullerton El Station

Just wanted to vent here. I don't know whether to find this annoying or pathetic. A thief attempted to steal my bike (locked to a bike rac…

Started by Rob D.

8 Sep 20, 2014
Reply by Alex Z

Warning about "Anti Theft" QR Skewers.

Just a freindly warning about most of supposed anti-theft quick releases. I do a lot of buisness on ebay and suddenly there is a flood of…

Started by William Mayers III

11 Aug 30, 2014
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

Stolen Yakima bike rack in Uptown

My Yakima bike rack was stolen last night from the top of my car parked on Leland Ave just east of Sheridan in Uptown. It was locked to the…

Started by Tristan

19 Aug 21, 2014
Reply by Michael Mackaplow

Thief cuts down tree to steal bike in Wicker Park

Dubbed "the lumberjack bandit" by the victim: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-redeye-wicker-park-bike-stolen-lumberja

Started by morebanjo

13 Aug 21, 2014
Reply by H2

Bike Stolen - Any suggestions? Have you seen this ride around town?

Feeling pretty foolish... any assistance or tips are appreciated. My commuter bike was stolen from my back yard this morning. I discovered…

Started by mahbomun

3 Jul 28, 2014
Reply by h' Zerocats

Anyone else get their chains stolen off their bikes last night in Logan Square?

Had my chain jacked from my bike outside the Whirlaway last night. I'm amusing I'm not the only one. Be on the look out in Logan Square.

Started by crista lopez

17 Jul 23, 2014
Reply by Mike Zumwalt

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service