The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'south' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bike & Dine, Lockport! registration closes 5 PM today

Beat the dinner rush! http://trailsforillinois.org/bikeanddine Bike & Dine, Lockport! is short, easy riding between ridiculous serving…

Started by Steve Buchtel

0 May 30, 2012

newly approved development - will affect some south side bike routes

As reported in the Southtown Star, a large new development proposal has just been approved at 91st & Western.  This would be a huge str…

Started by Anne Alt

26 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by Anne Alt

The Pop-Up Bike Shop Project: Cal-Sag Cycles

A nice account of what a can-do town (Blue Island) can do with the right partners and a little support: http://www.activetrans.org/blog/sbu

Started by Friends of the Cal-Sag Trail

4 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Friends of the Cal-Sag Trail

Looking to plug my amazing aunt's sports blog

So I personally try to keep my posts on here as bike related as possible.  I've already done some plugs on facebook, but thought I would re…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

0 Nov 8, 2010

Final boarding call for Calumet-Sag Trail's Jamboree early bird discount

Here that whistle blow? Better put a little skip in yer britches, pardner, if you expect to catch the $5 Discount Express, bound for the H…

Started by Steve Buchtel

0 Sep 24, 2010

2010 Trek SoHo raffle for the Calumet-Sag Trail

Only 1000 tickets for sale, and just one of them is kissed by Lady Luck. The belt-drive, 8-speed, coffee thermos-bedecked Trek SoHo is cour…

Started by Steve Buchtel

2 Aug 12, 2010
Reply by Steve Buchtel

do you ride (or have you ridden) in South Elgin?

I'm making a bike plan for South Elgin for class.  I'm meeting with the town planner, who is going to tell me about some of their ideas and…

Started by heather s

9 Jun 8, 2010
Reply by Kristian M Zoerhoff

Rock Island rails-with-trails idea

There was an interesting article in yesterday's Sun-Times about a trail idea that has been studied and is starting to generate some discuss…

Started by Anne Alt

5 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Anne Alt

Calumet-Sag Trail on Gapers Block

On last Tuesday's Gapers Block, writer Sheila Burt gave the best overview ever given of the current status, challenges and opportunities of…

Started by Steve Buchtel

1 Feb 22, 2010
Reply by Anne Alt

Anyone biked Memphis?

Have to go down to Memphis next month for the day to take care of some business. Was thinking of taking my bike with me on the train. Anyon…

Started by jen

5 Jan 29, 2010
Reply by Mike Schwab

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service