The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'security' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does anyone have a bigass oven? I want to stop theft.

I just had my second bike stolen.  Last time it happened in September. I'm done with this shit. Obviously the solution is to use a weldin…

Started by Christine (5.0)

60 Jul 22, 2013
Reply by tex

Clothed Volunteers Needed for World Naked Bike Ride

Hello Biker People, As usual the World Naked Bike Ride-Chicago will be in June this year. June 8th to be specific. And as usual we need as…

Started by Vilda

46 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Vilda

Is it safe to leave a bike at Union Station over the weekend?

Not a terribly exciting bike: 2012 Giant, but with a Brooks saddle. Lock: Kryptonite Evolution Mini U-lock, with a cable that I wrap aroun…

Started by Christine (5.0)

5 May 9, 2013
Reply by Ken Gray

Play with fire....

Ok, what has to happen to have cameras installed outside at some of the major CTA train stations where bikes are parked in abundance? I ask…

Started by CjBad

11 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Liz

Security chief for pro bike races speaks in Flossmoor

By weekday, Keith Kleinfeldt works as a plumber, plugging leaks at the Hammond Public Schools. By weekend, he’s likely to be traveling the…

Started by William Lazarus

4 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by Vilda

Free bikes, an Alaskan tragedy

It was about 1980. I was a newspaper reporter in Anchorage, where the city came up with an appealing plan: Fix up lost and stolen bikes tha…

Started by William Lazarus

1 Mar 17, 2012
Reply by Jeff Schneider

PROTEST CHICAGO'S OLYMPIC BID

*Please post widely* PROTEST CHICAGO'S OLYMPIC BID TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 5:30PM at CITY HALL (121 N. LA SALLE ST.) LET THE INTERNATIONAL O…

Started by Martin Macias Jr

50 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

Secure Bike Parking in West Loop

Anyone downtown commuters know of decent parking garages or whatever that provide fairly secure bike parking around 200 West Monroe?

Started by vxla

0 Oct 3, 2008

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service