The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'safety' (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help our fellow cyclist support his family while he recovers!

A great friend and fellow cyclist was pretty messed up in a dooring accident this week. He is a wonderful person and not only supports tota…

Started by Leslie Miller

4 Nov 7, 2015
Reply by Leslie Miller

If driver kills . . . what should be done?—An interesting article.

The Problem with Good People, from Beyond the Kerb.      

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

5 Jul 16, 2015
Reply by Tom A.K.

Surrey and Adult Trike Rentals on River Walk

I wrote this letter to my Alderman.  Am I just a 75-year old nut case or is anyone else concerned that these extra wide devices pose a mena…

Started by Jeff Blumenthal

10 Jun 13, 2015
Reply by V W

Congrats to the first 4 winners of LIB's Bike Safety Quiz Challenge! Take BikeSafetyQuiz.com and Enter to Win $200 by May 15th.

Brush up your Bike Safety Skills at BikeSafetyQuiz.com and Enter to Win $200 from the League of Illinois Bicyclists!Congratulations to Jere…

Started by Tania Sebastian

0 May 7, 2015

2014 Best Local Bicycling Video... Thank you to the Skokie Police Officer in the video!

I have to say: I vote this is one of my favorite videos with a bicycle subject matter. This police officer was looking out for that cyclis…

Started by Tom Z

3 Dec 16, 2014
Reply by Tom Z

Take BikeSafetyQuiz.com and enter to win a new Trek bicycle!

Prairie Path Cycles will be raffling off 2 Trek bikes (1 adult and 1 child bike) at the Winfield Criterium happening this Saturday, July 12…

0 Jul 10, 2014

Do you know how to trigger a demand-actuated stoplight on your bike when there are no vehicles around?

Have you ever found yourself at a demand-actuated stoplight with no vehicles around to help trigger the light? Guess which spot on the road…

23 Jul 3, 2014
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

Take BikeSafetyQuiz.com and enter to win a new Trek bicycle!

Prairie Path Cycles will be raffling off 2 Trek bikes (1 adult and 1 child bike) at the Winfield Criterium happening this Saturday, July 12…

0 Jul 2, 2014

Laser Cannons

Okay, so I know. There are lots of bicycle lights out there. Even the thread recently re: a product that projects a bike lane in front of y…

Started by Justin B Newman

10 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by Kevin C Dormant

Salmon fishing

I got him! Approaching the intersection of Orleans and Ontario from the south, on my way from work just about an hour ago, I saw a cyclist…

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

51 Oct 12, 2013
Reply by JMG

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service