The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'public' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Please take our survey on far south side boulevard/greenway routes

Our far south side team has developed a preliminary set of ideas for bike boulevard/neighborhood greenway routes.  Do you live or ride in…

Started by Anne Alt

0 Feb 7, 2012

Help us kill a proposed drive-thru that will cut the Halsted St. bike lane below Clybourn

There is a plan in my neighborhood to develop 1530-34 N. Halsted St. into a small banking facility with a drive-thru. Please help kill this…

Started by Charles Brasfort

15 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by Kellie

$50 when you get the Chicago Card Plus I-GO card before 2/29

Between now and February 29th, you can receive a $50 transit fare credit and heavily discounted I-GO membership when you sign up for a Chic…

Started by Emily R.

6 Jan 11, 2012
Reply by Emily R.

Bike lane distribution and equity

I wrote an op-ed style piece for Grid Chicago today.  Here's an excerpt: "This is a new era for Chicago’s citizen cyclists. There’s not bee…

Started by Steven Vance

0 Nov 28, 2011

Final Week of Voting for 2011 Alliance For Biking and Walking Photo Contest - Ends November 30th

There's just ONE WEEK LEFT for online, public voting in the 2011 People Powered Movement Photo Contest. Presented by the Alliance for Bi…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

0 Nov 25, 2011

Moving Design's Call to Action on Bicycle Safety

This summer (July 18 - August 28), Moving Design will bring together 30 of Chicago's most talented and passionate designers, artist…

Started by Lyndon Valicenti

1 Jul 5, 2011
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

cleaner air soon?

Last week I was glad to see the Tribune shedding some light on the air quality issues on and around Metra stations and trains.  I was even…

Started by Anne Alt

7 Nov 10, 2010
Reply by S

PROTEST CHICAGO'S OLYMPIC BID

*Please post widely* PROTEST CHICAGO'S OLYMPIC BID TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 5:30PM at CITY HALL (121 N. LA SALLE ST.) LET THE INTERNATIONAL O…

Started by Martin Macias Jr

50 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

Why I hate public transportation...

So last Friday I am returning to home from Waukegan via Metra (which I was a fan of until this story) and the ornry train conductor tells m…

Started by Matt Roben

29 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by Anne Alt

Advice about going carfree...help!

Looking for some tips regarding the transition to a carfree lifestyle. I am considering selling the big hunker (its a tiny Toyota Scion act…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

39 Apr 9, 2009
Reply by Michael J Blane

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service