The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'parking' (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Calculate how much riding to work would save. - Thanks Lifehacker.

Biking to work seems like the eco-friendly thing to do, but does it actually save you any money on a short commute? Personal finance site K…

Started by Digital Dario

2 Aug 20, 2010
Reply by Mark Kenseth

let's show this guy that people actually ride bikes!

hey gang. i've got a short story & small request to make.i work on lincoln, just south of addison & park my bike outside on the lar…

Started by gavin r

12 May 6, 2010
Reply by O

Valet parking service in bike lane

Is there anything that can be done to quash a valet parking service operating in the bike lane? There's one at 150 N. Canal (156?) that alm…

Started by Erin

22 Apr 3, 2010
Reply by Erin

bike tree - high-density bike parking

Interesting idea from Japan.  I could see one of these near the Board of Trade/LaSalle St. station and another one or two near Union and Og…

Started by Anne Alt

2 Jan 25, 2010
Reply by Anne Alt

Bicycle Parking Near Transit Stations

Let's say right next to heavily used transit stations around the city, there were independently owned bicycle parking stations where one co…

Started by Gregory

1 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Joe TV

Bike Parking Article in Slate

Interesting article on the quandry of bike parking in Slate, featuring a mention of Chicago's parking meter/bike parking. From Slate.com:…

Started by Joe TV

2 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by Duppie

disappearing parking meters and the local economy

In recent media coverage about the city of Chicago's parking meter fiasco, an issue has arisen that needs our vocal attention. Howard creat…

Started by Anne Alt

94 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by Michael

Secure Bike Parking in West Loop

Anyone downtown commuters know of decent parking garages or whatever that provide fairly secure bike parking around 200 West Monroe?

Started by vxla

0 Oct 3, 2008

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service