The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'parking' (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

If only...

...cyclists could behave in a civilized manner.  You know, like motorists. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/parking-spot-fight-

Started by Jeff Schneider

7 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by Davo

Is it safe to leave a bike at Union Station over the weekend?

Not a terribly exciting bike: 2012 Giant, but with a Brooks saddle. Lock: Kryptonite Evolution Mini U-lock, with a cable that I wrap aroun…

Started by Christine (5.0)

5 May 9, 2013
Reply by Ken Gray

Good guy electrician :) (aka, SOME people know how to park)

My god!  Someone knows how to park!   The picture on the right is how people usually park in front of the bike lane (ie, inconsiderately.…

0 Apr 9, 2013

Return of the VIP, and my "revenge"

There's a car that has parked annoyingly close on multiple occasional in the past. Well, they were back this morning, and closer than ever…

6 Mar 7, 2013
Reply by yai danche

Photographing drivers - legal?

Some of you likely noticed that mybikelane.com has shut down*, stating "This has always been a side project, and unfortunately I do not hav…

Started by Andrew Bedno

29 Jan 6, 2013
Reply by Adam Herstein

175 W. Jackson, 70 W. Madison

I'm going to change jobs before the end of the year, and two of the leading possibilities are at 175 W. Jackson and 70 W. Madison.  I was w…

Started by David

6 Dec 21, 2012
Reply by David

Apartment Parking Etiquette-weigh in

Didn't see a discussion like this.  So what is the etiquette for basement/hallway spaces as well as gate spots?  What have you experienced?…

Started by Barbra Mann

8 Nov 18, 2012
Reply by Barbra Mann

VIP Karma

After I locked up my bike this morning, a car pulled in behind me.  Inconvenient for bikers, but surely they were just there do drop someth…

30 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Rachel Miller

Choosing Racks for Bike Room

I'm working on creating a basement bike room for my 50-unit condo building and am wondering if anyone has feedback on choice of bike racks.…

Started by Lee Crandell

10 Aug 13, 2012
Reply by clp

Play with fire....

Ok, what has to happen to have cameras installed outside at some of the major CTA train stations where bikes are parked in abundance? I ask…

Started by CjBad

11 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Liz

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service