The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'metra' (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Folding Bike Without A Bag Allowed on Metra?

Have any of you been allowed to board the Metra with a folding bike but without a bag during rush hour?  I assume you fold it of course, bu…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

21 Dec 9, 2016
Reply by Anne Alt

Suggestions for 50-75-mile Metra-to-Metra day rides?

Hello, I've been doing a lot of out-and-back rides and would like to change things up. I'm looking for suggestions for nice, scenic/rural…

Started by Eli

10 May 30, 2015
Reply by Eli

Stolen Crankset - Clybourn Metra

Last night (10/8/2014) I had my crankset stolen from the covered bike area of the Clybourn Metra stop. I didn't know this was something peo…

Started by M G

11 Oct 11, 2014
Reply by M G

Bikes plus camping gear on the Metra

Hello, I'm hoping to take a short weekend camping trip via Metra and bike sometime during the next month or so. I've seen a number of thre…

Started by Eli

12 Oct 15, 2013
Reply by Mark

Metra Day Trips

I've just heard the children's museum in Glenview is great, so I did some research and found that it's easy to get there on Metra.  We just…

Started by KayCee

14 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by Anika

Metra Bike Counts

I've never seen this....  would be great to see if a jump in numbers would get us a bike car! Dear Julie,   LIB is seeking volu…

1 Aug 30, 2013
Reply by Mark

Air and Water Show Metra Bike Blackout This Weekend - August 17-18

This seems like the last one of the season - http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/utility_landing/riding_metra/bikes_on_trains.html M…

2 Aug 14, 2013
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Metra Blackouts next weekend

So, I'm going to Lolla, blah blah blah and immediately the next day (Saturday) I'm planning to go to Wisconsin! Unfortunately... BIKE BLACK…

Started by Kevin Gebhardt

0 Jul 26, 2013

Metra Blackout Today, July 10 -July 14 for Taste of Chicago

http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/utility_landing/riding_metra/bikes_on_trains.html

7 Jul 10, 2013
Reply by Thunder Snow

expensive ticket/fine from metra

The other day I was hurrying to work approaching the train tracks at clinton just n. of fulton.  the warning lights and bells started going…

Started by CJ

41 Oct 23, 2012
Reply by CJ

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service