The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'maintenance' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Elston Protected Bike Lane--Zero Maintenance Zone

Are they any other regular users of the newish Elston protected bike lanes...north of Milwaukee ave? I've been a bit deflated (pun intended…

Started by Brian

55 Jan 13, 2020
Reply by Brian S

Who cares for the LFT???

As a daily bike commuter on the lakefront path on and off for years, I've often felt insulted by how long serious life-threatening surface…

Started by Andrew Bedno

114 Jul 2, 2016
Reply by Joe Guzzardo

Bucephalus Bikes seeks experienced mechanic.

If you are looking for meaningful and fulfilling employment, contact us directly for an interview. www.oxbikes.com The applicant must be:…

Started by Alex Anon

4 May 26, 2014
Reply by Alex Anon

Affordable winter tune up/cleaning?

I'm thinking about getting the winter tune up package at Rapid Transit Cycles (http://www.rapidtransitcycles.com/about/frozen-chosen-detail

Started by Christine (5.0)

9 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by kiltedcelt

Getting Classy

Hey ya'll, I'm going to be doing free Sunday morning classes at Rapid Transit on North Ave. The first one is this Sunday at 10 and will co…

Started by Doug Haynes

19 Dec 17, 2012
Reply by Doug Haynes

Bicycle Maintenance -- Do it yourself location?

One of the sad parts about moving from the suburbs where I had a large garage and basement, is that my condo association takes a dim view o…

Started by Jeff Blumenthal

3 Jul 18, 2011
Reply by Elihu Blanks

Are Pitted Cones Replacable?

I was overhauling the hubs of my mountain bike and cones on the front hub are badly pitted. I'm not sure how the inside of the hub body loo…

Started by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

6 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

My First Lube (Or, What Else Should I be Doing That I'm Not?)

After diving headfirst into the world of commuter cycling this spring, I've put a few hundred miles on my bike, and I finally got around to…

Started by Bryan D

5 May 15, 2010
Reply by Duppie

New Mechanic Courses at Rapid Transit.

Hey all, I am interested in all opinions and input about technical maintenance courses. Rapid Transit has recently entered the world of tea…

Started by RigWheels

0 Nov 3, 2009

I keep breaking spokes

I have gone through about a spoke a week on my rear wheel for the last five weeks. I have been to two different bikes shops to try and solv…

Started by Tyra

13 Jun 9, 2009
Reply by Tyra

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service