The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'lane' (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Protected Bike Lane or Parking Lot?

Guess this driver can't tell the difference.  This was taken tonight at 8:35PM on Kinzie (near Clinton)

Started by April

18 Sep 28, 2012
Reply by Cheryl

What's a Cycle Track, Anyway?

As many of you already know, construction on the Kinzie Street cycle track is set to begin tomorrow. When I first heard the news, I was exc…

Started by Michelle Quivey

6 Aug 21, 2012
Reply by Thunder Snow

Dealer Selling Cars from Bike Lane!!!

I was heading south on Elston this morning and a car dealer had three cars for sale parked in the bike line. The dealer is just north of Ha…

Started by April

15 Aug 13, 2012
Reply by Logan

Evanston gears up for protected bike lane

Not sure if this was mentioned yet..... (original Chicago Tribune link here) Evanston gears up for protected bike lane  Route through sub…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

3 Apr 3, 2012
Reply by Thunder Snow

18th Street protected bike lane construction started + video of Jackson

Construction on the 18th Street protected bike lane, between Clark and Canal, started Monday.  Read more on Grid Chicago.  Also check out…

Started by Steven Vance

14 Dec 12, 2011
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

The Loop Gets Its First Bike Lane!

Anyone ride it this morning???   The Madison Street bike lane, Chicago's first bike lane in the Loop, was installed last night! Bike lane m…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

47 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by Anne Alt

Heritage Bicycles General Store - Chicago

I heard a rumor that Bowery Lane Bicycles was going to open up a shop in Chicago and has started fabricating frames in Chicago.   This rumo…

Started by Michael Salvatore

22 Oct 4, 2011
Reply by Steve Courtright

Are protected bike lanes going in the right places?

Today, I saw another cyclist get hit at the Chicago/Ogdon/Milwaukee intersection. My workplace is nearby and I can't even count the number…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

18 Sep 30, 2011
Reply by Cameron 7.5 mi

100 free tickets to giveaway for bike riders attending Okctoberfest - St. Alphonsus

Park your bike with our complimentary valet and go across the street to enjoy Oktoberfest! As a bonus we have free tickets for Oktoberfest…

Started by Michael Salvatore

12 Sep 27, 2011
Reply by Michael Salvatore

Bike/Bus/Right-turning car lane?

I know I've seen signs that indicate that a particular right turn lane is only for cars turning right, busses and bikes, but is this a gene…

Started by Jera Sue

3 Sep 21, 2011
Reply by Carter O'Brien

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service