The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'lane' (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chicago Reader 2015 Best of Chicago: Best Bike Shop, Best Clothes for Biking

Congrats to the winners! http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/bike-shop/BestOf?oid=18030286 Best Bike Shop: Comrade Cycles Runner Up:  The…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Jun 25, 2015

Good Spot For A Bike Lane - Damen Ave.

I drive down Damen from the Ike to 21st Street to visit my son in Pilsen. I have to go through a pair of extra long train-viaducts, and I a…

Started by John Farris

25 Jul 22, 2014
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

Reporting cabs to 311 - Does it work?

I've called 311 to report cabs driving aggressively and have received a notification from the city later regarding the determination of the…

Started by BootsyC

2 Jan 16, 2014
Reply by El Dorado

Is biking on the left side of one way streets legal?

I typically ride on the right side of a one way street that does not have any bike lane markings. However, I often ride on the left side w…

Started by JimmyD

7 Sep 11, 2013
Reply by JimmyD

Look Who Made Chicago’s Best Bike Blogs and Media!

I see a lot of familiar faces including The Chainlink!  Read the article here:  http://greenlaneproject.org/blog/view/chicagos-best-bike-bl

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

6 Aug 1, 2013
Reply by Lisa Curcio

Dearborn north of Chicago... 2 way bike lane?

Is the bike lane located on the left hand side of Dearborn north of Chicago to Oak (a recently repaved section) a two way bike lane? I freq…

Started by Nikul Shah

17 Jul 11, 2013
Reply by Cameron 7.5 mi

Photographing drivers - legal?

Some of you likely noticed that mybikelane.com has shut down*, stating "This has always been a side project, and unfortunately I do not hav…

Started by Andrew Bedno

29 Jan 6, 2013
Reply by Adam Herstein

new boulevard bike lane configuration

Has anyone else had a chance to ride in the new boulevard bike line configuration? My commute puts me on Douglas and Independance Blvd's wh…

Started by lucky

1 Nov 29, 2012
Reply by Thunder Snow

VIP Lanes

Some Very Important Parkers Ive come across over the last few days. Illinois just west of Michigan is a popular spot:     Mr Boots could h…

Started by djm

14 Oct 30, 2012
Reply by David Holmquist

Are pedestrians allowed in the Kinzie bike lane?

On the East bound side there is no sidewalk for a portion of the lane, but there is a sidewalk on the other side of the street.  Sometimes…

Started by Christine (5.0)

40 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Jaik S.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service