The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'frame' (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trying to lighten a Varsity.

Hey guys. I rebuilt a Schwinn Varsity (steel frame) and it didn't come out as light as I was hoping. Even in single gear, my friends hybri…

Started by JRod

22 Sep 3, 2009
Reply by JRod

frame welding

Hey All, I have a Trek aluminum road bike with a break in one of the chain stays. Is it possible to weld a cracked aluminum frame? If so, c…

Started by Swap

1 Aug 24, 2009
Reply by cutifly

Bicycle Frame Design Basics

I've noticed the mention of bike fitting and various related pains and injuries but I didn't know the basics of frames... so I came across…

Started by Alan Ortiz

2 Jul 26, 2009
Reply by UV Metal Arts - Powder Coating

Looking for a bike frame metal worker.

I am looking for someone who can fix or replace a broken braze-on cable stop on a steel bike frame. Can someone here help me out, or recomm…

Started by yellow jello

1 Jun 7, 2009
Reply by h' Zerocats

What makes a frame great? ...or not so great??

I know my stuff when it comes to keeping my bike rideable. I even know the pros and cons of different style components (usually)... but peo…

Started by Jody

10 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by grayson

Suggestions: good Alum. track racing frame.

This New Years kick for me seams to be track racing. I like my steel on the street, but I'm looking for something stiffer and lighter for r…

Started by GabeW (not the other Gabe)

12 Jan 14, 2009
Reply by GabeW (not the other Gabe)

Need Help With Part Transferring and frame sizing

Here's the story, I'm about 6'1" and I recently bought a Fuji Track Bike with a 56 cm frame. The people at the bike store I bought it from(…

Started by Maxwell Palmer

17 Oct 13, 2008
Reply by vxla

Frame builders?

I'm looking for someone in Chicago who knows their way around frame building for a mod i want to do. I don't want a welding hack, nor do i…

Started by Homebuilt

0 Sep 11, 2008

Stripping Frames and Paint

I am in the process of stripping a bike frame of the original paint job, and am interested in applying some sort of transparent high-gloss…

Started by Andrew

7 Aug 7, 2008
Reply by Andrew

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service