The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'dooring' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Few Fun Facts from My Commute Tonight: Skirtsplaining & A Near-Dooring That Ended in a Flip-Flop Shaming

So the worst part about the driver tonight that opened their door so fast that I had to swerve on my bike into traffic to avoid getting hit…

Started by Erin Vogel

24 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by Anne Alt

Bicycle-automobile collision avoidance system in development - how much would you pay?

At present, I am developing a sophisticated device and smartphone app that aims to dramatically reduce dooring incidents and other motor ve…

Started by Scott Pope

13 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Davo

"Watch for bikes" warnings in cabs?

I think it's a good idea (as I've been doored by a cab).

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

63 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Dan Ciskey

How to minimize awfulness when doored

After Dustin Valenta's awful dooring and hit-and-run last week, I've been thinking about how to minimize injury when one is doored. I was l…

Started by D Horst

23 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by Juan Primo

Bicyclist says cop opened door in her path, files lawsuit

Heard this on the news last night, news item is here: http://bit.ly/T4rkHM. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Started by Cheryl

28 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Duppie

Planning for a Friday Morning Memorial for Neill Townsend to Raise Awareness about Dooring and Sharing the Road

**************************************************************** IMPORTANT NOTE The date for the memorial has been changed to FRIDAY, OCTOB…

Started by Melissa M

162 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by Melissa M

interesting new cab accessory

Today I was waiting to cross State St. and noticed an interesting accessory on a passing Globe Taxi.  On each side, there was an outside mi…

Started by Anne Alt

1 Aug 22, 2012
Reply by Jeff Schneider

Illinois to begin tracking doorings (finally - you guys probably helped make this happen)

Originally posted on Steven Can Plan.   Governor Quinn made a rule change today requiring Illinois police departments to record dooring-typ…

Started by Steven Vance

24 Apr 30, 2011
Reply by Steven Vance

Bikers call for state to count 'dooring' accidents

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/traffic/ct-met-getting-around-0221-20110320,0,2606142.column Bikers call for state to c…

Started by Spencer "Thunderball" Thayer!

3 Mar 21, 2011
Reply by Spencer "Thunderball" Thayer!

So I almost got doored by a cop on the way to work

Right in front of the police station at Monroe and Racine. Good thing I don't ride in the door zone, and was out taking the lane. I didn't…

Started by Jason W

21 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by h' Zerocats

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service