The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'construction' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How is Damen Ave. these days?

I haven't ridden Damen all summer, and I almost never go south of Diversey on it.  Well, I'm thinking about riding all the way down to Fult…

Started by Lisa Gordon

5 Sep 14, 2018
Reply by Eric Pounder

Construction

I'm SURE this is elsewhere, but couldn't find it in first bunch of forum pages, and site search thinks I'd like unrelated posts from 3-5 ye…

Started by Andrew Bedno

3 Jun 12, 2015
Reply by Andrew Bedno

State St. construction

[carried over from another thread, where this was off topic] Been seeing State St. construction every day out the windows of my office. To…

Started by Anne Alt

0 Sep 19, 2014

Chicago Riverwalk Construction

My office building was handing out announcements of upcoming Chicago River bridge closures:   The Clark Street Bridge over the Chicago Rive…

Started by Cheryl

4 Jun 10, 2014
Reply by BootsyC

Damen Avenue bridge history

Does anyone remember when the Damen Avenue bridge was rebuilt/replaced in 1999-2000? This is the bridge over the North Branch Chicago River…

Started by Steven Vance

33 Jul 22, 2013
Reply by Anne Alt

What is up with Elston between Fullerton and Logan?

They have it torn up yet again for what, the 4th time in as many months? It's not very safe for riding as there is no room for bikes with…

Started by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

7 Mar 27, 2012
Reply by Ride it like you stole it

west side construction roads?

Has the street conditions on the West Side (road grading on Hubbard, Lake, other assorted side streets) been addressed anywhere on here yet…

Started by T. Mo

10 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Laura

95th Street construction starting Monday 7/26

This is for any of you who may be using 95th St. between the Dan Ryan and Halsted between Monday 7/26 and Monday 8/2.  The other day I was…

Started by Anne Alt

0 Jul 24, 2010

Construction projects in Chicago *not* centered around cars

I've composed a list of the 16 Chicago construction projects scheduled for this year, next year, or just floating around, that have nothing…

Started by Steven Vance

5 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by Duppie

Lakefront Path closure at Navy Pier

Does anyone know why the lakefront path is closed just south of Navy Pier on the bridge over the river? Is it going to be closed for a long…

Started by Amanda W

12 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by dan brown

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service