The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'commuting' (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bicycle Portraits - everyday South Africans and their bicycles. A photographic book in the making.

The Bicycle Portraits project was initiated by myself, Stan Engelbrecht (Cape Town, South Africa) and Nic Grobler (Johannesburg, South Afri…

Started by Stan Engelbrecht

2 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by Stan Engelbrecht

Rock Island rails-with-trails idea

There was an interesting article in yesterday's Sun-Times about a trail idea that has been studied and is starting to generate some discuss…

Started by Anne Alt

5 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Anne Alt

When is a Headlight Too Bright?

There was another discussion today (whether serious or not, I'm still not sure) about mounting a particularly bright light. That discussion…

Started by Joe Studer 8.0 mi

22 Dec 8, 2009
Reply by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

pros and cons of bike commuting

The Sun-Times ran a piece on this today. To the "worst things" list, I'd add: * Wrong-way traffic coming at me in the bike lane. To the "…

Started by Anne Alt

15 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by mattbikes1

Logan Square to River North?

hello all! i was wondering if anyone had suggestions for getting from Milwaukee Ave to Grand/State, WITHOUT riding on Grand or Chicago. the…

Started by K-Rock

12 Jul 15, 2009
Reply by payton

What's up with Bike to Work Week in Chicago?!

So it's national Bike to Work Week, and Friday is National Bike to Work Day. I have seen nothing promoting this in town anywhere, and not e…

Started by corrie octopus

15 May 13, 2009
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

Creating a ‘culture of cycling’ in Boulder, Co.

Let's do this in Chicago! (thanks Coop for the amazing PT session and heads up on this article).. Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:26…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

2 Dec 24, 2008
Reply by Rusty Piton

Green bike lanes and all painted pavement is extra slick when wet or icy!

I crashed and broke my nose the instant I hit a green bike lane yesterday! I also happen to be a very active bike advocate whose passion is…

Started by Jody

11 Dec 6, 2008
Reply by Jody

Tire Liners - thumbs up/thumbs down

alright dudes, I need some assistance. I have popped 3 flats in the last 2 months and I am damn tired of the inconvenience this creates...…

Started by Abby

33 Oct 10, 2008
Reply by Chucko

Secure Bike Parking in West Loop

Anyone downtown commuters know of decent parking garages or whatever that provide fairly secure bike parking around 200 West Monroe?

Started by vxla

0 Oct 3, 2008

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service