The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'commuting' (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

expensive ticket/fine from metra

The other day I was hurrying to work approaching the train tracks at clinton just n. of fulton.  the warning lights and bells started going…

Started by CJ

41 Oct 23, 2012
Reply by CJ

Suggestions for commuting along North Glenwood (southbound)

I commute via Glenwood Ave. However, on my Southbound journey, south of Ridge it becomes one way north. Once I can make it past Ridge, I bi…

Started by Richard

22 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by Madopal (16.5 mi)

Taking a hiatus everynow and then from cycling because of a book?

I read a lot of books, even though I am not a fast reader.  Most books I finish in a week, longer in the summer time or longer books. Every…

Started by daWillinChi

5 Apr 17, 2012
Reply by Gene Tenner

Cutting 6 way intersections - why?

As the number bike commuters increase with the warmer weather, I can't help but notice more people cutting partially through the 6-way inte…

Started by Neils

28 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Dottie

Charming 2010 Raleigh One-Way Single/Fixed

Hiya!I won this bike in a silent auction for my girlfriend, and she is way too short for it. I already have too many bikes and I'm leaving…

Started by Jen Pagonis

3 Jan 30, 2012
Reply by Night Owl

Nite Lites

Dear Chicago Commuters: I'm about to start doing a 40 minute commute home around around 7 PM. I'm hoping to buy a more powerful white light…

Started by Nathan Hoks

16 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Leah Jone

Killer pothole

I've been cycling and commuting by bike for several years and consider myself an experienced cyclist.  I have no qualms about biking in the…

Started by Marc-Paul Lee

11 Nov 14, 2011
Reply by Kevin C Dormant

Motion Sensors Mounted At Intersections Adjust Town's Traffic Signals -- For Bikes!

Just saw this headline on the Drudge Report.  It's the in the alarmist/scare-mongering/White-people-being-wronged tone that the site specia…

Started by Andrew

0 Aug 2, 2011

the bicycle dividend

Good NY Times article.  Bonus - it actually has a lot of intelligent comments.

Started by Anne Alt

0 Jul 4, 2011

LFP S-Curve - Why is it slanted and why no wall?

A co-worker of mine went from Belmont to Ohio Street last night, and this morning we were talking about the S-curve and its oddities.Perhap…

Started by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

9 Nov 28, 2010
Reply by millenial removing Bernie tattoo

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service