The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'chain' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bicycle-related pin designs

My buddy and I have designed a bunch of bicycle-related pins. We're both graphic designers in Chicago and have a love for bicycling. Hopefu…

Started by Marcusn

4 Nov 24, 2018
Reply by Marcusn

Touring Bicycles

Hey Yall,  I just posted about a Seattle-SanFran trip that I'm taking in the fall and wanted to create a separate post about touring bikes…

Started by Jakki Cafarelli

86 Jun 22, 2014
Reply by MagMileMarauder

Gauging interest in a bike chain lock design

Hi Chainlinkers, I fabricated a bike chain about a month ago for my 29" mountain bike because my Ulock wouldn't fit it, I already had a pa…

Started by Jack Cebe

12 Sep 16, 2013
Reply by Thomas danger elliott

Don't trip on your shoe laces!

Or, rather, don't let them get into your chain. If your shoes don't have that handy loop thingie to tack the laces in, like here: Use hair…

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

3 Apr 29, 2013
Reply by Drewbacca

Belt Drive Perception

You may have seen my bikes at the bike swap and saw that my new model is compatible with Gate Carbon Drive and the step through bike I buil…

Started by Legacy Frameworks

29 Mar 23, 2013
Reply by paulcycles

Best chain lube for sandy LFT commuting?

I commute from Edgewater to downtown on the FLT.  Very sandy.  Regular chain grease has a tendency to get emulsified w/ rain & water, t…

Started by Kevin K

19 Jul 26, 2012
Reply by Gerry G

Repairing cracks in steel chain stays

Hey all, I am new to the Chicagoland area and am bringing a bike problem with me: I was given an old steel road bike and have been trying t…

Started by Tom R

6 Sep 17, 2011
Reply by Tom R

frame welding

Hey All, I have a Trek aluminum road bike with a break in one of the chain stays. Is it possible to weld a cracked aluminum frame? If so, c…

Started by Swap

1 Aug 24, 2009
Reply by cutifly

Considerations when buying a chain.

The chain of my bike broke off while I was riding. I was trying to catch up with some social ride and in my frustration I threw the chain i…

Started by Dubi Kaufmann

13 Jun 16, 2009
Reply by Jessica

Bars for sale...

I have a set of Deda Elementi drops w/ Red Champ grips and a set of Soma Major Taylors with White Champ grips. Deda Elementi $60.00 Soma…

Started by J Mills

1 Jun 14, 2009
Reply by Tiberculosis

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service