The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'car' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DNAinfo, "Tickets for Parking in Bike Paths on the Rise (MAP)"

While the number of tickets is slowly on the rise, is it adequately keeping up with the bike lane growth? Parking in the bike lane is a saf…

Started by Yasmeen

5 Jan 14, 2016
Reply by Jeremy

Saris Brand Advocate Application Due Sunday, January 17

I recently toured their headquarters and I really liked what I saw. A company with their heart in the right place, growing and keeping the…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Jan 13, 2016

Global Trends in Making Major Cities More Bike-Friendly

A few excerpts from this promising assessment of the global trend to reduce speed for cars, have car-free areas/weekends, and increase the…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Oct 20, 2015

Scientific Look at the Best (and Worst) Ways to Commute

"What’s so intriguing about the Swedish study was that biking and walking helped people develop a greater trust in their peers and engage m…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Sep 30, 2015

Self-Driving Google Cars Don't Know What to Make of a Cyclist's Track Stand

"It’s usually easy for our human brains to predict how any given car, pedestrian, or cyclist is going to act, but computers must be program…

Started by Yasmeen

4 Aug 31, 2015
Reply by Mike Zumwalt

Xtracycle EdgeRunner car rack options ??

Are there any Xtracycle EdgeRunner riders out there that can recommend a car rack setup that works for this long tail?

Started by Chris

0 Jun 17, 2014

Car Sharing discussion - Highland Park

Highland Park has been approached to be a part of the expansion of car sharing beyond the City, Evanston and Oak Park.  There will be prese…

Started by Kim

2 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by Kim

Yeah, Yuba Mundo! Going Car Free- with two kids! Advice welcome.

(I tried searching but for some reason even the word "bike" got me no results...) Since I resigned from my teaching job a few weeks ago to…

Started by KayCee

12 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by KayCee

Who'll Trade Their Car for a Bike?

WHAT IS THE CAR/BIKE TRADE? Car for Bike Funeral Procession Photo courtesy of www.denverlofthomes.com It's when one fortunate Chicagol…

Started by Carmelita Sams

0 Jul 8, 2013

83 yr old cyclist killed on NW Side (Trib)

A sobering headline for RoS day. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-bicyclist-83-dies-after-being-struck-by-car-2013051

Started by Sue Clark

13 May 15, 2013
Reply by Cameron 7.5 mi

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service