The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'bikes' (132)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kesha Getting Some Bike Therapy in L.A. (Venice Beach)

Biking with friends is definitely good for the soul.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3466656/Breath-fresh-air-Kesha-goes-cyc

Started by Yasmeen

0 Feb 29, 2016

The Bikes of Our Youth - Stingrays, Banana Seats, Huffy Bikes, and Riding Your Bike Everywhere

This is me with my brother and my beloved Huffy in the 70s.  I loved to ride that bike as much as I could. I didn't take it to school but…

Started by Yasmeen

13 Feb 19, 2016
Reply by David Barish

Winter Cyclist Beards Are The Best.

From Urban Beardsman Snow, beard-cicles, cold weather beard frost...  Post your winter beard selfies and bearded cyclists you find on yo…

Started by Yasmeen

7 Feb 15, 2016
Reply by Andy Moss 9.5

Wanted: 4-bike Rooftop Carrier or...

...suggestions for same. I want to carry four bikes atop my 2006 CRV down to Myrtle Beach this spring and have 8 weeks to gear up. The CRV…

Started by John Farris

1 Jan 24, 2016
Reply by bk (aka: Dr. Mambohead)

DNAinfo, "Tickets for Parking in Bike Paths on the Rise (MAP)"

While the number of tickets is slowly on the rise, is it adequately keeping up with the bike lane growth? Parking in the bike lane is a saf…

Started by Yasmeen

5 Jan 14, 2016
Reply by Jeremy

Active Trans Top Ten Stories - Any other bike-related milestones for 2015?

I received an email I from Active Trans and thought I'd share. Do we have any other milestones that may not have been included in this li…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Dec 28, 2015

Fall Ride Pictures - Share Your Rides

“There is beauty in silence and there is silence in beauty and you can find both in a bicycle.” Mehmet Murat ildan Something amazing happen…

Started by Yasmeen

23 Nov 20, 2015
Reply by Karen McGinnis

Making a Difference: Student Cycling Club at UIC Deliver Food to Local Shelter

Every week this cycling club delivers excess food from the UIC Dining Service to a local shelter, riding their bikes with trailers. Keep…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Oct 21, 2015

2016 Tour de France Route Announced Today.

Always exciting to find out where the road will take them... a little Spain, a little Switzerland, and a lot of France (of course!). This l…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Oct 20, 2015

Global Trends in Making Major Cities More Bike-Friendly

A few excerpts from this promising assessment of the global trend to reduce speed for cars, have car-free areas/weekends, and increase the…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Oct 20, 2015

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service