The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'accident' (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Invisible Bicycle Helmet

So a couple of people in Sweden finally tackled the problem of helmet hair!  At the cost of $600 you can get an airbag for your head.  Its…

Started by magomawe

4 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Robot Gabe

Bicyclist and a Police car in some sort of accident?

Just overhead on the local news. Happened this morning. Does anyone know any details?

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

13 Aug 1, 2012
Reply by Serge Lubomudrov

Victimized by Drivers and their Insurers

A friend of mine who I occasionally ride with in the AM from Oak Park to the Loop was hit by a car on Monday just west of the intersection…

Started by Andy Moss 9.5

31 Jul 16, 2012
Reply by Daniel G

Accidents - Bicycle Injuries

Interesting article. Just because you ran the stop-sign doesn't give others the right to run into you. http://personalinjuryattorneyz.com/p

Started by Michael J Blane

17 Apr 18, 2012
Reply by Don P

Name of the Judge?

It's election time. Does anyone remember the name of the judge who in 2010 or 2011 let a couple of guys off (or with minimal punishment) wh…

Started by Michael J Blane

6 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Vilda

Dear Hit-and-Run Driver in brown Chevy Trailblazer at Augusta @ Noble 8:35am 1/24/12

You, the one (male) who without a signal or warning jetted into the bike lane when I was right next you.  I was the guy on the green bike w…

Started by Andy Moss 9.5

16 Jan 24, 2012
Reply by Anne Alt

Killer pothole

I've been cycling and commuting by bike for several years and consider myself an experienced cyclist.  I have no qualms about biking in the…

Started by Marc-Paul Lee

11 Nov 14, 2011
Reply by Kevin C Dormant

Are protected bike lanes going in the right places?

Today, I saw another cyclist get hit at the Chicago/Ogdon/Milwaukee intersection. My workplace is nearby and I can't even count the number…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

18 Sep 30, 2011
Reply by Cameron 7.5 mi

hit by a car tonight

Well, it finally happened, I got hit by a car tonight.  I was in the bike lane and the car turned right and I had no time to stop. I fell o…

Started by Molly

15 Jul 2, 2011
Reply by Anne Alt

Video from Break.com "What Happens When You Always Ride In The Bike Lane"

http://www.break.com/index/what-happens-when-you-ride-in-the-bike-lane-2069543  

Started by Jeff Owczarek

10 Jun 27, 2011
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service