The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'Chicago' (109)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Working Bikes 20th Anniversary Celebration Coming Up 10/14!

Working Bikes is turning 20! Join us in celebrating two decades of giving old bikes new homes. We invite all friends, volunteers, donors, s…

Started by Devon Snyder

1 Oct 9, 2019
Reply by Yasmeen

Century Rides from the City

Hey there everyone, I'm looking to do a century some time soon, but have no idea where to go. Not looking to do an organized ride, just pu…

Started by Pete P

13 Aug 15, 2018
Reply by curt(is) locke

Pothole Reporting

I've seen some bad ones get much worse over the past few months. Theoretically, the more people that report them, the more likely they'll g…

Started by Jaik S.

1 Jun 15, 2018
Reply by David P.

2017 Chicago Cycling Fatalities: 8* (2* rail-transit-related, 'off-street') CDOT 2017 Count: 6

How could his tragic death upon our city streets not be noted in Chicago's data?! CDOT states that cyclists' death fatalities on its city s…

Started by Tom A.K.

22 May 16, 2018
Reply by Tom A.K.

Call the Park District to get Saftey Cones/ Painted Cross walks on the LFT

I ride the LFT most of the year. After last summer's "re-surfacing, I had hoped that the Park District would follow up and paint the crossw…

Started by JoelS

8 Apr 21, 2017
Reply by Wuffie

Pictures: North Branch Trail - Extension, Work in Progress

I took a walk today and walked along the construction area for the North Branch Trail extension.  It should be a nice trail.  These are pic…

Started by Tom Z

58 Sep 13, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Chicago Bike Week shirts (anywhere to get them?)

Is there any way to get a Chicago Bike Week 2016 t-shirt? They ran out when I was in line still! It's the first time in 5 years I didn't ge…

Started by JimmyD

0 Jun 17, 2016

Amilings Toy Ride - Video from dashcam

Well look what I saw on the way to work this morning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuIZbPgtn1A

Started by Tom Z

3 Dec 12, 2015
Reply by Tom Z

Streetsblog Article, "Could Longer Rental Times Help Divvy Appeal to More Chicagoans?"

Photo courtesy of Streetsblog Chicago: Michael Podgers I have friends (both men and women) that love the convenience of Divvy - especiall…

Started by Yasmeen

13 Nov 30, 2015
Reply by Tony Adams

Global Trends in Making Major Cities More Bike-Friendly

A few excerpts from this promising assessment of the global trend to reduce speed for cars, have car-free areas/weekends, and increase the…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Oct 20, 2015

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service