The Chainlink

kiltedcelt's Discussions (527)

Discussions Started (68) Replies Latest Activity

700x32 versus 700x45 - opinions requested from folks who've gone up in tire size

Right now I run 700x32 tires on my touring frame commuter bike. I want to put some bigger tires on for helping to soak up the bumps from al…

Started by kiltedcelt in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Feb 15, 2013
Reply by kiltedcelt

Can't seem to find a date - Frozen Snot Century '13?

I'm itching to do a long ride and was hoping there would be a Frozen Snot Century in 2013. I missed last years ride. They're usually in Mar…

13 Jan 30, 2013
Reply by David of the North (David606xx)

Longtail/cargo bike riding Chainlinkers? How about an all cargo-bike ride sometime?

Now that I'm getting close to finishing my Xtracycle build, I'm itching to get out and ride it of course but I'm also eager to meet and con…

12 Dec 15, 2012
Reply by Gort 12-mile Pinklegneep

Longtail cargo bikes on Metra - is it possible?

This question is borne out of my other post regarding nutjobs riding mountain bikes from the city all the way out to Palos. I'd certainly l…

5 Dec 5, 2012
Reply by kiltedcelt

Have any nutjobs ridden their mountain bikes from the city all the way out to Palos and back?

Title says it all. I've read before about people making use of Metra to ride down to the Palos area, getting in some trail time then riding…

6 Dec 8, 2012
Reply by Brian Bender

I wish I had one of these!

I'd like this to deal with unruly drivers when I'm out and about on the bike.http://www.flickr.com/photos/25831992@N03/5740174984/in/photos

2 Nov 15, 2012
Reply by kiltedcelt

Will trade San Disk Sansa Clip Zip+ portable music player for miscellaneous bike parts

In case anyone here might be interested, I'm selling will trade for miscellaneous bike parts, a portable music player. I am by no means adv…

Started by kiltedcelt in Marketplace

9 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by Chris C

Anybody else going to wuss out on commuting because of gale force winds?

I felt exceptionally lazy the last three days and was unable to get out of the house on time to be able to make it to work via bike, so I d…

75 Nov 2, 2012
Reply by Hilario Vaquero

Let me get some sidewall dynamo love

So, I want to hear from all the folks running dynamos - specifically of the sidewall variety. I want to hear practical anecdotes of how wel…

11 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by kiltedcelt

Bern G2 helmet for commuting versus traditional bike helmet

Right now I use a simple, cheapo Bell Ukon helmet. Black with an attached visor. As the weather is turning colder I'm dealing with all the…

13 Oct 13, 2012
Reply by Barry Niel Stuart

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service