The Chainlink

kiltedcelt's Discussions (527)

Discussions Started (68) Replies Latest Activity

Going out to Elmhurst - best streets to take?

Okay, so I have this wild idea to ride my cargo bike all the way out to McMaster Carr to pick up some stuff, rather than driving. I mapped…

Started by kiltedcelt in Bikes and Bicycling

4 May 17, 2013
Reply by David P.

LFP riders - show some courtesy, respect, and please, please, PLEASE show some COMMON SENSE!

I started writing a reply to the thread about the cyclist injured on the LFP after the last CCM ride. I realized a paragraph in that I was…

8 May 12, 2013
Reply by Lawrence Wong K

Pair of Continental Ultra Sport 700x23c wire bead tires (new)

These tires came on some rims I bought and I have absolutely no use for them. It looks like they typically sell for about $25. They can be…

Started by kiltedcelt in Marketplace

3 May 7, 2013
Reply by kiltedcelt

Are there any free cycling smartphone apps?

Until a few days ago, I'd refused to join the ranks of smartphone users. I had no need for a smartphone before, and it will likely see limi…

20 Apr 26, 2013
Reply by Tom Z

How about a cargo bike armada at CCM this Friday?

Title says it all. I'm riding my longtail for CCM Friday. It'd be nice to meet up with some other cargo bike folks for the occasion.

10 Apr 29, 2013
Reply by David 4.0

Best site for local racing dates and locations?

I want to get out to view as many local races as I can this season, but my work schedule gets made up a month out, not to mention for the n…

2 Apr 15, 2013
Reply by prof.gfr

Lincoln Park Criterium - photos

Saturday I went and checked out the Lincoln Park Criterium. I only got there in time to see the last four races but I enjoyed it nonetheles…

4 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by kiltedcelt

Lake Front Path - Birding by bike

I proposed this idea late last year and it seemed like some folks were interested. Since Spring migration is getting started now, I'm posti…

10 Apr 12, 2013
Reply by Fuegofan

Slow ride Thursdays

Got an idea here. I have a rotating schedule where for four months out of the year I'm off on weekdays. As a result, most of the year I mis…

2 Apr 9, 2013
Reply by Jerry Lee

Chicago Bike Swap bike parking?

So, the bike swap encourages folks to ride their bikes or take mass transit to get to the aforementioned swap. However, I've been in and ar…

6 May 27, 2016
Reply by Mike Schwab

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service