Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Snow Removal Policy - Winter Weather Re: The 606

Important Winter Weather Information Re: The 606 "The Chicago Park District will remove snow and keep the center of the trail clear when…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Dec 21, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

WINTER!

So I see that if you do not shovel the snow in front of your home you can be fined up to $500. what about the city's property like, bridges…

Started by GEORGE VANDERFOR in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Dec 21, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

Xmas Eve (and Hanukkah) in Chinatown Saturday 12/24

You know the drill. Meet at Daley Plaza at 5:30 p.m., departing at 5:45. Bicycle a few miles to Triple Crown Restaurant, 2217 South Wentwor…

Started by John Greenfield in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Dec 21, 2016

Profile on Working Bikes by WTTW

Ever wonder what happens to your donated bike when you drop it at Working Bikes? Here's a great profile on this important organization.

0 Dec 21, 2016

What is this doing locked to a bike rack?

This has been locked outside the building where I work this week and seems permanently locked. In December it really doesn't matter but in…

Started by David Barish in Bikes and Bicycling

12 Dec 19, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

Reader Article: "Stop Victim Blaming..."

Important read by John Greenfield.  On June 21 middle-school math teacher Janice Wendling and her husband, Mark, a power plant engineer,…

23 Dec 19, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Tonight's Ride on the LFP Was Everything I Love About Winter Biking!

Around mid day today I started hearing around my office how miserable the weather would be this evening once the snow started. Lots of sigh…

Started by Josh L. in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Dec 19, 2016
Reply by Josh L.

Steens Mazama 1000

Are you a fan of gravel racing? Do you like long distance riding? Do you feel like touring is just too... easy? The Steens Mazama 1000 migh…

Started by Jeremy Bloyd-Peshkin in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Dec 19, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Two Seater Burley Trailer

This has been sold.  I have tried to close the discussion but it appears I cannot figure out how to remove.  My apologies.

Started by LG in Marketplace

4 Dec 16, 2016
Reply by LG

Snow Day: Learning to ride pow the hard way

Having lived 28 years of my life in Mexico, I never really had the need to learn to ride in the snow. Now that I’ve been here for a year,…

Started by Marcelo Marcos in Bikes and Bicycling

7 Dec 16, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service