Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Surly Cross Check Framset For sale

For Sale: 2009 Surly Cross Check Frameset, Fork, Drop Down Handle Bars ONLY. Frame is 52cm, serial #M8125906. Lightly used, great condition…

Started by Stephen Katz in Marketplace

0 Feb 18, 2017

Green Wave on Wells

Has anyone noticed the Green Wave signs on Wells?  I have yet to "catch the wave", although I'm not riding with a computer.  Am I that bad…

Started by Kat in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Feb 16, 2017
Reply by Rich S

FREE bike boxes for shipping/travel

Hi Chainlinkers-  This is Jon from J.C. Lind Bike Co. (1311 N. Wells Street in Old Town). We are trying to clear some space at the shop an…

Started by Jon in Marketplace

0 Feb 16, 2017

Do You Think Chicago Deserves #1 Bike City a Second Time?

This time PeopleForBikes wants to know who's city is the best and most bikiest*: It's been roughly five months since Bicycling magazine de…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Feb 16, 2017

Why Do Motorists Receive Consistently Light Consequences/Sentences in Crashes With Cyclists?

Washington's City Paper responds to this:  What does it take to get charged with manslaughter when your negligent driving kills someone? L…

1 Feb 16, 2017
Reply by Bob Kastigar

Love Stories Wanted! When Did You Fall In Love With Your Bike?

Is there anything better than the love of riding? Nah... Tell us your tales of love. What was that moment you realized bike love is forev…

9 Feb 16, 2017
Reply by Kelly Goldthorpe

Into and out of Evanston...

Anybody know of a safe way to cross between Chicago and Evanston? Only ways I know of are Sheridan and Clark Street/Chicago Ave. Sheridan…

Started by BikeScnhook in Bikes and Bicycling

11 Feb 16, 2017
Reply by Lisa Gordon

Restoration of Schwinn Tandem bike

I possess a classic steel framed Schwinn tandem bike that has been sitting in storage for years and needs some work to get it back on the r…

Started by Steve Johnson in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Feb 14, 2017
Reply by Anne Alt

Has anyone ever organized CPR and First Aid training for cyclists?

One of our members suggested having a regular clinic/training session and I think it's an excellent idea. If anyone has any leads (potenti…

0 Feb 14, 2017

Moving Sale Including Gunnar Ruffian, Surly Cross Check

Item 1 for sale a Gunnar Ruffian Single Speed Mountain bike. It is the 16 inch size, it was repainted and rebuilt with new parts 11 months…

Started by Andrew Baldyga in Marketplace

3 Feb 13, 2017
Reply by Caiken

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service