Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Thing of Beauty

I had to see my doctor today. When I went to lock-up my bike I encountered this beauty at the bike rack. I'm a sucker for a well worn and c…

Started by dav in Bikes and Bicycling

17 Mar 14, 2017
Reply by John Dow

HoverBike!

Your bike of the future?! 45mph - 10 feet off the ground. http://www.livescience.com/57980-hoverbike-floats-through-air-in-test.html

Started by Tom A.K. in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

5 Mar 14, 2017
Reply by John Dow

Logan Square: Driver Road Rage Taken Out on Cyclist, Bike Damaged

A road-raging driver attacked a cyclist at Fullerton and Milwaukee avenues Tuesday morning — and then threw his bike to the curb — before…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Mar 14, 2017

All-weather delivery folk wanted in Lakeview

Inner Ecology (http://innerecology.com) seeks hardy, all-weather cyclists interested in making bike deliveries during the morning and after…

Started by Inner Ecology in Job Postings

0 Mar 14, 2017

Chicago Tribune: Increase in Bike Lane Enforcement for 2017

The Chainlink, an online cyclist networking site, began a post in January 2016 called "What's this doing in the bike lane?" More than 600…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

11 Mar 14, 2017
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

Tracking your cycling data

Hi folks.   It's a crazy world out there, and technology is beginning to not only get deeply embedded into everyday objects (smart watches,…

Started by Joel in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by Mike Zumwalt

Jon Ossoff

I've been boycotting this site for awhile due to it's suppression of free speech.  Also, this site is, for the most part, boring. However,…

Started by Joe Guzzardo in General Discussion (not bike related)

13 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by Anne Alt

4 way stops and other mysteries

Have the rules changed? As far as a quick Wiki search they haven't. A motorist approaching an all-way stop is always required to come to a…

Started by Mike Zumwalt in Bikes and Bicycling

6 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by Tom A.K.

Winner of This Year's Active Trans Winter Bike Challenge Logged 1k Miles in 2 Weeks

The Winter Bike Challenge encourages intrepid cyclists to brave the winter elements and ride their bikes for two weeks in January. This yea…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

1 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

Anyone ride during last night's "wind storm"?

Was anyone out riding last night during the heavy winds? I was southeast-bound on Milwaukee at California at about 9:40pm when the wind al…

Started by Alex Z in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by Gopher Biker

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service