Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sun-Times Victim Blames in a Report of 17-Year-Old Cyclist Critically Injured in a Crash

While they referred to it as a "crash" and not an accident, the Sun-Times reports the victim was wearing "dark, non-reflective clothing". J…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

19 Apr 3, 2017
Reply by Irvin Steinert

FS: '70s or '80s Japanese Road Bike - Takara Advantage - $200

For sale is a vintage late '70s or early '80s Takara road bike. One picture is included in this post; many more are available on my Flickr…

Started by Chris Allen in Marketplace

0 Mar 31, 2017

Emanuel Prioritizes 'Flowers and More Bike Lanes' Over Violence, Alderman Says

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Alderman-Says-Emanuel-Prioritizes-Flowers-and-More-Bike-Lanes-Over-Violence-417815753.html Is the…

Started by Z Maz in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

1 Mar 31, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

Cyclists Cheer Bike Proposals In North Branch Plan

GOOSE ISLAND — Cyclists are rolling with the proposals for a riverwalk bike path and for extending the 606 trail found in the latest draft…

Started by Gene Tenner in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

6 Mar 31, 2017
Reply by Deni Mayer

new bike path south of 31st St.

The new split user paths south of 31st St. are lovely, but I wonder about having the bike path run so close to the skate park and basketbal…

Started by Teresa in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Mar 30, 2017

Liar's Ride 2017 is cancelled. Not a joke.

Hey gang, It really sucks to announce this but I have to cancel the Liar’s Ride this Saturday.  I injured my shoulder and while I haven’t b…

Started by Lee Diamond in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Mar 30, 2017

Who carries women's bike knickers in Chicago

Mrs. Duppie is in need of some new bike knickers. She is looking for somewhat loose/baggy knickers, i.e. not the spandex kind Any recommen…

Started by Duppie in Bikes and Bicycling

6 Mar 29, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

Echo Magazine: Request to Interview Cyclists That Have Been Involved in a Crash

I was interviewed by Sarah from Echo Magazine this morning and she is hoping to find a few people that have been involved in a crash with a…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

1 Mar 29, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

Update on IL Bike Safety Bill

Illinois's Bike Safety Bill (HB1784) made it through the House Transportation Committee today, 11-0. We're very proud to have participated…

Started by Brendan Kevenides in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Mar 29, 2017
Reply by Alex Z

Cycling in Chicago / Best routes and info

https://www.timeout.com/chicago/things-to-do/tour-de-chicago Article by Chris Zois and Zach Long. 3-7-17 Sharing an article on Chicago cy…

Started by Tom A.K. in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

1 Mar 28, 2017
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service