The Chainlink

Chicago Cycling News and Topics (451)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sunshine! Looks like it will be a beautiful day. Who's going for a ride?

I'll post pics from my ride in a bit (just getting ready to go out). I decided I will forget that I am fighting a cold because days like th…

Started by Yasmeen

9 Feb 29, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Chainlinker Jasmin Welter is the author of today's Moxie's blog, "Commuting and the City"

Photo by Yasmeen Schuller   Jasmin Welter: As multiple studies have shown, bike commuting has many benefits: People who bike to work are…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Feb 29, 2016

In honor of "Full Moon Fiasco" *post your memories, pics, and good times here*

Dana did this wonderful thing. He started this ride, "Full Moon Fiasco" that captured the city at night, kept it social and through his lov…

Started by Yasmeen

3 Feb 23, 2016
Reply by Lee Roy

Need poster for our ride

Hello there friends! We are seeking someone to design us a poster for this year's RED JAC ride. It would fit onto a vertical legal sized p…

Started by Eric Alvarez

0 Feb 22, 2016

Are you kidding me?! What are a cyclist's rights in this circumstance?

Riding through loop today, guy jaywalks, so I swerve behind him, figuring 'whatever it's a Monday, at least we wont crash into each other'.…

Started by Mr. Z'sss

5 Feb 22, 2016
Reply by Jim Reho

Jake Arrieta - bikie

I guess Cubs pitcher Jake Arrieta is a bikie: http://bikesandthecity.blogspot.com/2015/08/cubs-pitcher-jake-arrieta-loves-bikes.html

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi

1 Feb 22, 2016
Reply by Jim Reho

Witnessed a bike theft on the Corner of Milwaukee and Hubbard, in front of The Roost

At almost exactly 10pm on 2/15/2016 I saw two men break the lock on a black hybrid bike in front of The Roost on the intersection of Hubbar…

Started by Scott Chillson

1 Feb 15, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

What are your top spots/resources for Chicago bike things?

Hi all, I'm working on an article for a local magazine that will be like an insider's guide to cool spots that every cyclist in Chicago sho…

Started by Maria Boustead

3 Feb 15, 2016
Reply by Josh L.

As we enter the deep freeze in Chiberia, where do you dream of moving?

"Never-Ending Chiberia" March, 2015 It's that time of year, El Niño or no, the temps dropped and Chicago feels like the Arctic. Sure, I…

Started by Yasmeen

14 Feb 14, 2016
Reply by Melanie M

In case you were wondering whats happening on Clybourn...

They are building concrete protected bike lanes which are "supposed" to be open by the end of summer...do you think this is an improvement…

Started by chixieonfixie

30 Feb 13, 2016
Reply by David H

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service