The Chainlink

Chicago Cycling News and Topics (451)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chicago Cyclist Dies After Hit and Run

How is this "accidental" when it's a hit and run? Why are they giving up so quickly in finding his killer? Do better Chicago Police Departm…

Started by Yasmeen

19 Nov 8, 2019
Reply by Anne Alt

Sometimes Discussions Make Us Uncomfortable

There's no lack of passion for those of us that ride bikes. We mourn our fallen sisters and brothers at ghost bike memorials. We attend the…

Started by Yasmeen

10 Oct 31, 2019
Reply by Jim Reho

Centennial Trail Entrance/Exit Closed at Willow Springs bridge

Heads up, the much needed bridge repair at eastern end of Centennial Trail is being done. However, there is no signage indicating you can't…

Started by DerferMark

16 Sep 30, 2019
Reply by Tom Moran

Hit and Run Cyclist Needs Help

“just got hit and run in Chicago on Ogden going south right by Monroe. Any chance you could retweet to see if anyone saw?” https://twitte…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Aug 28, 2019

Bike crash this morning on Milwaukee

I was riding Milwaukee this morning around 8:40 and passed a fire engine on the west side. Looked like they were tending to a cyclist on th…

Started by Madopal (16.5 mi)

5 Aug 9, 2019
Reply by Doug Haynes

Scooters: What Does This Mean for People That Ride Bikes?

Dear Seasoned Chicago Cyclists,Please try to impart the patience and compassion you would have for a first time bike commuter. Having exper…

Started by Yasmeen

142 Jul 25, 2019
Reply by ketoguychicago

Cyclist Riding a Divvy Critically Injured in Hit-and-Run by Driver at 1:15am in River North

6-25-19. A 32 year-old male Divvy cyclist was critically injured by a hit-and-run driver while riding early Tuesday morning on Grand Avenu…

Started by Tom A.K.

1 Jun 25, 2019
Reply by Filka Bean

Did the car industry pay for this "news" article?

Brad Dworkin, a pedestrian, said cyclists are the ones who need to be more aware."They think somehow they are in the suburbs or nothing is…

Started by Yasmeen

3 Jun 24, 2019
Reply by Ernesto Lube

Bike Path Will Link Edgewater to Joliet, and Nearly All of It Is Off-Road

CHICAGO — By next year, you'll be able to bike from Edgewater to Joliet — and nearly all of it off-road. The Lakefront Trail now stretches…

Started by Gene Tenner

16 Jun 18, 2019
Reply by huxo

What's it called when the Divvy rack is full and you have to circle looking for a space?

I rode Divvy today from near UIC to the Loop. I didn't look closely and when I got to my destination, the rack was full.  So I had to circl…

Started by Brian S

29 Jun 16, 2019
Reply by Allan

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service