The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

single-speed for winter?

So I've been noticing the birds are starting to prepare for migration, which reminds me that winter will be here sooner than you think. And…

Started by natalee

23 Oct 2, 2008
Reply by vxla

Chain Maintenance?

What do I need to do to make sure my chain is taken care of properly? What should I clean it with and what should I use to make sure I don'…

Started by corinne

7 Sep 30, 2008
Reply by Ryan

Weekly mileage

I took this test that measures real age based on fitness, among other things. It said I may be working out too much. (who, me?) It's free a…

Started by Dawn

19 Sep 30, 2008
Reply by Tommie

bending the law: streetlights en masse = bad

Bikers in Chicago have been able to skirt many of the traffic laws for a long while now, but I've seen evidence of what will eventually bri…

Started by evanK

21 Sep 29, 2008
Reply by Chris

idea for improved streetlight timing

When Chicago really becomes a bike friendly city, we'll have all the lights timed. Small streets should be timed at 10, medium-level street…

Started by evanK

4 Sep 29, 2008
Reply by Jon

Tech question, advise needed on gearing set up

I picked up a new (salsa casserole) frame this week and need a little help. I am planning on setting it up with a single chainring up front…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

6 Sep 28, 2008
Reply by Tommie

I love you but i hate you, commuting etiquette

I love to see all these people on bikes on my way home from work. Everyday its like a little parade down Milwaukee ave. Inevitably, I pass…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

19 Sep 27, 2008
Reply by vxla

Weekend plans?

God. Just can't get enough of this summerish weather! Anyway, does anyone have any riding plans this weekend? I picked up a Miyata that's b…

Started by justJason

5 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by M.A.R.K.

open challenge

Anyone want to race? point A to point B or light to light during commute? take what ever route you want Nothing won or lost, this is jus…

Started by 2slowtrek

3 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by 2slowtrek

(Back)Yard Sale- Bikey and Non-Bikey Stuff- September 27 2008- 11 am

i'm having a (back)yardsale this weekend. i've got a lot of crap to get rid of and i'm sure there's lots of you that want/need bikey and no…

Started by Curvedwallride

9 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by Leah

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service