The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,325)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Safe streets around the North Branch Trail?

Hello everyone, I'm new to Chicagoland and Thechainlink. This weekend (with the beautiful weather showing us grace) I went up to the North…

Started by Todd

3 Oct 13, 2008
Reply by h' Zerocats

Million Dollar Question, Stop Lights

Do you... A. Obey traffic lights and the law, stop at reds and wait for green and be safe/respectable B. Go through reds with barely slow…

Started by on2wheels

23 Oct 12, 2008
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Hope everyone is having a great riding weekend!

It's warm in Chicago in October! Hope you all are taking advantage of it! Rode to the Botanical Garden and back today with some friends, wa…

Started by Chucko

5 Oct 12, 2008
Reply by Stacey E

Those pesky missing handlebar ends...

Do your handlebar ends, you know, those knopper-stoppers that plug the end of your handlebars, go missing all the time? I have the solutio…

Started by Lee

5 Oct 12, 2008
Reply by Lee

North/North-West Suburban Dwellers: Check my route from Woodstock to Union.

I'm gonna be taking Metra to Woodstock and riding to IRM in Union, IL. If you're familiar with the area, can you let me know if this route…

Started by vxla

0 Oct 11, 2008

dear crazy person

Started by heather s

9 Oct 10, 2008
Reply by Bart

S. Halsted

Is Halsted ok to ride from Washington through Archer? I might take a train in to ogalvie and was thinking of taking Halsted to archer, as t…

Started by M.A.R.K.

12 Oct 10, 2008
Reply by Ryan

Do bike helmets degrade?

I have my Bell bike helmet for over 10 years and I have been told that I should replace it? Is that so? As far as I know Styrofoam(the insi…

Started by Dubi Kaufmann

15 Oct 10, 2008
Reply by M.A.R.K.

Tire Liners - thumbs up/thumbs down

alright dudes, I need some assistance. I have popped 3 flats in the last 2 months and I am damn tired of the inconvenience this creates...…

Started by Abby

33 Oct 10, 2008
Reply by Chucko

No Bike helmet? Lose your wheels

Check out what one town is doing.... http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/09/11/no_bike_helmet_lose_your_wheels/

Started by Adam

16 Oct 9, 2008
Reply by heather s

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service