The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DIY Century - 100 miles to Milwaukee - cancelled

This route from Chicago to Milwaukee is 99.94 miles, so with a few loops around a parking lot at the finish, you've got yourself a century.…

Started by Leah

33 Oct 20, 2008
Reply by El Duke

Election Day Critical Mass

I've been hearing rumors recently about a critical mass happening on the election day ending up at Obama's acceptence speech. Does anyone h…

Started by Eric Isaac

3 Oct 20, 2008
Reply by Leah

Excuse me, but your front wheel is about to fall off!

How many of you see recreational riders out there with their front quick release lever completely open or clamped loosely the wrong way (ba…

Started by Lee

4 Oct 20, 2008
Reply by Jessica

Fall/Winter Training Stuff. . . 2

So much info on the interweb. It's time to share. Toolbox: Strength, Leg Speed and Power by Josh Horowitz One of the problems in coaching…

Started by Tommie

1 Oct 19, 2008
Reply by vxla

Tubular vs Clincher

I've always used clinchers on my road bike but am thinking about purchasing some tubular wheels. I'd like to use them for weekend training…

Started by Adam

7 Oct 19, 2008
Reply by Chris

Fall/Winter Training stuff.

In case you were curious. by Dr. Stephen Cheung, Ph.D. In both 2005 and 2006, intriguing studies emerged that high intensity interval tra…

Started by Tommie

0 Oct 19, 2008

a budget slush crusher

I'd like to hear what helps to get around when the roads are at their worst. I'm looking to put together a beefier ride for this winter bu…

Started by root

20 Oct 19, 2008
Reply by Steve 3po

Trainers

So.... I've been looking around for a trainer to use during the winter and am having a tough time weeding through all the types and models…

Started by Ashley

18 Oct 17, 2008
Reply by Eric

BYOTrainer Training - Pedaling With A Purpose

I saw an interesting idea come across a listserve and wanted to share it with those of us who do winter training and are kind of thinking a…

Started by Leah

0 Oct 16, 2008

Nifty September 2008 Midnight Marauder's Video

For those that attended last month, I found this video farting around the on the internet. I managed to ride by for a bit on my chopper in…

Started by Ammo

35 Oct 15, 2008
Reply by L. Jerome

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service