The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Studded Tires

Anyone know of a shop in the city that sells studded tires? I can find them online, but would rather not have to pay extra to ship them. Th…

Started by Chucko

6 Dec 7, 2008
Reply by David Travis

Green bike lanes and all painted pavement is extra slick when wet or icy!

I crashed and broke my nose the instant I hit a green bike lane yesterday! I also happen to be a very active bike advocate whose passion is…

Started by Jody

11 Dec 6, 2008
Reply by Jody

How to not die of boredom on a trainer

Unlike many of the brave souls here, I take my riding indoors when it gets cold. Riding my trainer isn't fun by a traditional definition of…

Started by Leah

10 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by S

Become a USA Cycling Official!

Folks, I'm adding this to the calendar, but since registration closes on the 20th, I thought I'd post as well. If you're interested in raci…

Started by Julie P.

6 Dec 2, 2008
Reply by Dubi Kaufmann

So, where was everybody?

The Inaugural Eat & Ride was missing quite a few of you folks! But Ryan and I tried to make a go of it, until my hands and feet succumb…

Started by justJason

4 Dec 2, 2008
Reply by M.A.R.K.

IRO Sprints who and how?

I saw pictures on flickr of something called IRO sprints and I want to know more about it. All the results on google pointed to events Chic…

Started by Dubi Kaufmann

30 Dec 2, 2008
Reply by Adam

Bike Sale at Rapid Transit

Justyna and the fine folks at Rapid Transit are clearing out to make room for the new bike models. From their blog, Chicago Bike Blog: Sep…

Started by Leah

3 Nov 30, 2008
Reply by M.A.R.K.

Eat and ride Sunday anyone?

Anyone feel like meeting up noonish/one-ish on Sunday for an inaugural eat and ride? I'm woefully ignorant of great places around in which…

Started by justJason

18 Nov 30, 2008
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

freebies (bars, levers, saddle, chain rings)

classic drop bar - 38cm c-t-c, 25.4 clamp shimano exage aero brake levers pair san marco saddle dimension riser - cut to ~52cm, 25.4 clamp,…

Started by yellow jello

14 Nov 29, 2008
Reply by yellow jello

Need some advice about my indoor trainer!

Hey youz guys, So yeah, I picked up a trainer because I decided that I need to stay in shape and keep my legs up in the winter, but I'm ki…

Started by Vondo

6 Nov 29, 2008
Reply by Anne Alt

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service