The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

need vintage chain guard

This comes courtesy of a friend at work--her bike is a Schwinn cruiser, looks to me like early 80's. So, I want to put a chin guard on my…

Started by heather s

12 Jan 10, 2009
Reply by RodimusPrime

anti-fog recommendations?

I desperately need an anti-fog substance for my shades, riding blind, or taking them off at every stop is not very safe or effective. Failu…

Started by Homebuilt

15 Jan 9, 2009
Reply by Homebuilt

Snow clearing good news

Well, apparently the city scrapped their delayed snow removal scheme after bad results: http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2009/

Started by Homebuilt

14 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by Sarah

First Build-Up...

So, here's the deal. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what bb to purchase. I am kind of confused as to what size I should purchase…

Started by J Mills

6 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by GabeW (not the other Gabe)

Tour da Chicago!!!!

We are now less than a week from the 09 tour and still no posts? I'm super excited for my first alleycat season and I was just wondering wh…

Started by Michael Malone

7 Jan 6, 2009
Reply by M.A.R.K.

Southbound riding....

Hello! I live in Pilsen, work near 65th and Kedzie and was thinking of biking down California to Marquette and heading west from there tow…

Started by jen

9 Jan 5, 2009
Reply by Vondo

Stolen Bikes

My friends Schwinn Voyager just got stolen today from around Albany and Bloomingdale. The bike was locked up, although feebly, under their…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

18 Jan 5, 2009
Reply by Bikefreeek

Mobile Phones for Cyclists

Last Sunday morning I dropped my phone at a cyclocross race, and didn't realize that I'd lost it until headed home. As the temperature was…

Started by J

20 Dec 31, 2008
Reply by RodimusPrime

Today's Roads

My bike slipped off a flight of stairs this morning as I was carrying it down. We had a frozen rain last night. VERY slick and slippery on…

Started by Ammo

25 Dec 30, 2008
Reply by o0_dan_0o

Need advice on fork size/fit

So, my new frame is threadless, my old threaded rigid. I'm planning rigid w/disk for the new. (Building up a new commuter.) The thing is t…

Started by Homebuilt

5 Dec 30, 2008
Reply by Homebuilt

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service