The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,325)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to Lead A Critical Mass and get the courage to Cork

Any good articles/advice on how to lead a small critical mass? Any advice on corking? Maybe the wicker park peeps can help?

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

14 Nov 14, 2008
Reply by Vilda

Favorite Bike Routes (not for work or errands)?

I'm curious where you all like to bike when you don't have to work. Exploratory biking we could call it. My favorite route is riding from…

17 Nov 13, 2008
Reply by o0_dan_0o

Replace leather on bike saddle?

I have a fizik aliante saddle and the leather at the end is starting to tear... Do you know of any shops in Chicago that will replace the l…

Started by Adam

6 Nov 10, 2008
Reply by root

Efficiency while Biking; Part 2...Pedal Stroke...

I figure if I can make 10 people into better cyclists out there, I'll earn my ticket to heaven! So here comes part 2 of the efficiency...Pe…

Started by Ali

7 Nov 10, 2008
Reply by millenial removing Bernie tattoo

for trade. miyata 414 frameset. 52cm, looking for a 56

i've got a miyata 414 frameset very similar to the one in the link attached. the only main difference is that mine has a very nice chrome f…

Started by Jeff

0 Nov 10, 2008

comparing methods of stopping

I've been searching youtube for a comparison video and haven't had any luck. I'd like to see a side by side road test of someone with freew…

Started by GabeW (not the other Gabe)

15 Nov 9, 2008
Reply by root

20c Road tires?

I am shopping for tires on for my carbon road bike... I like the Conti GP 4000 So I cannot decide between the 23c or 20c they are charging…

Started by Adam

5 Nov 7, 2008
Reply by Adam

Confrontation with car turning right on red @ 18th/Clark

So I was going to work today riding east on 18th... when I stopped at the red light at the Clark intersection when all the sudden the car b…

Started by Adam

10 Nov 5, 2008
Reply by vxla

Advice to a Newbie on Windy Riding

Any suggestions for riding in windy weather? Should I use a heavier bike in windy travel? What gear should I be in? Any advice would be gre…

19 Nov 3, 2008
Reply by GabeW (not the other Gabe)

A big thank you to all the zombies...

Just wanted to say thank you to all the kids who came out to our Ride of the Dead on the 30th. Had an absolute blast. Perfect weather, perf…

Started by Kate

2 Nov 1, 2008
Reply by Bean

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service