The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,325)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do you carry your stuff?

When I ride to work or run errands around town, I take my backpack, although now that it's hot and the backpack makes it worse, I've been e…

Started by Leah

27 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by M.A.R.K.

Support Your Local Bike Shop - Now's the Time!

Working in a Bike Shop (not naming names) - I just wanted to say that if you were thinking about a new bike purchase for 2009 or overhaulin…

Started by spacemodular

25 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by jonathan

i had a flat ON MY TRAINER!

i had the best of intentions to endure an hour of boredom. what a stupid place for a blowout! i bet it freaked the neighbors. oh well. i ai…

Started by joe stein

6 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by Jim "Niterider"

This morning's ride...

It was, what, fifty or so out this morning? Maybe a little below? I wore bike shorts, a t-shirt with a long sleeve over it, gloves, helmet.…

Started by Dana

21 Jan 27, 2009
Reply by J Mills

Oregon Instrument Helmet Video Recorder

Has anone used one? It is made to attach to the helmet and weighs about 8 oz. Also weather proof. If not Oregon one similiar ...curt

Started by Curt H Moore

2 Jan 27, 2009
Reply by Curt H Moore

Regional Bicycling Strategy Report by Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning

Let CMAP know what you think of the online report called "Bicycling: Strategies for Transportation, Recreation, and Place-Making." http://…

Started by Lindsay

0 Jan 27, 2009

Big Brothers & Big Sisters (Not OT oddly)

I thought i would share this as I just found out earlier this week. But it's a requirement of Big Brothers/Big Sisters that you show proof…

Started by Vilda

13 Jan 26, 2009
Reply by Vilda

Free bike stuff!

So it's a three day weekend and I'm playing the purge-my-house-of-unused-stuff game. Rather than throw it out I thought I'd see if anyone w…

Started by Ian Knox

4 Jan 26, 2009
Reply by GabeW (not the other Gabe)

So I got hit by a car for the first time ever today.

I have been waiting for it to happen. I was going down fullerton and the intersection to get on 90 94 i believe.... a car without a blinker…

Started by Justin

20 Jan 25, 2009
Reply by Jim "Niterider"

Hit By Car: What to DO advice

After reading the comments about 'hit for the first time', thought I'd jot out a few points to consider for that unlikely scenario of hood…

Started by Anne

7 Jan 25, 2009
Reply by Jim "Niterider"

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service