The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for 2 volunteers for Albany Park Bike Tour this Saturday.

Payment: gratitude, water bottles, some post-ride beers at a local watering hole perhaps? Task: I need a SCOOP and a SWEEP for the ride th…

Started by Lee Diamond

2 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

Antique photographs of bicycles

Here is a photograph taken by Lewis Carroll - a superlative amateur photographer as well as author of the Alice books. Made in October 1869…

Started by David Travis

2 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by Anne

Roadside Assistance for Bicyclists

http://www.betterworldclub.com/bicycles/index.htm http://www.betterworldclub.com/roadside_assistance/details.htm (also for autos) Hmm...…

Started by E A

0 Feb 26, 2009

Top tubes, do you have a preference?

Straight or sloped, do you have a preference? I cant say I have riden a bike with a sloped/angled top tube..

Started by M.A.R.K.

5 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by wig [ isaac ]

May Mountain rides?

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a challenging ride that may be coming up in late April or May? I rode the 3-state-3-mountain ride…

Started by Todd

0 Feb 26, 2009

Wind Tunnel Aerodynamics Testing (har har har)

Despite the economy, we can all still afford to optimize our aero positions on a bike. Courtesy of SI.com

Started by yellow jello

6 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by h' Zerocats

Seeking People to Bike Across Asia or South America?

WANT TO BIKE ACROSS ASIA OR SOUTH AMERICA? Reach the World is looking for people who want to write for inner-city students while on a tran…

Started by Reach the World

0 Feb 25, 2009

Wed 2/25/09: Today's commute ride in (lakefront)

hi - there's a nasty cold wind from the southwest this morning. One has to dodge ice/ snow patches on the part from the Oak St. curve to O…

Started by Frosinone

1 Feb 25, 2009
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Anyone ever catch a bike thief in the act of stealing your ride or a friend's? What did you do?

I caught a creep the other night trying to steal my neighbors bike from an open garage after work. I keep all of my rides in the basement.…

Started by Jim "Niterider"

20 Feb 24, 2009
Reply by CG

Blue Cycles

Yay or nay? Specifically the RD-1 and RC8.

Started by Dana

1 Feb 23, 2009
Reply by Ali

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service